There are newer employer reviews for The MENTOR Network

Rewarding work, but something was off with the local company.

Former Employee - Program Coordinator in Las Vegas, NV
Former Employee - Program Coordinator in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The individuals, their guardians and support team in the community are the best reason to commit yourself to this work. I worked with amazing people and they are the reason that this job is rewarding.

Cons

I worked at REM Nevada and something was just off about the place. There was a lack of communication. In hindsight, I think possibly the company felt it best to keep employees in the dark so that they would have leverage if they needed it.

Advice to Management

Be honest.

Other Employee Reviews for The MENTOR Network

Finance

Pros

I learned a lot which I was able to transfer my skills to my current job

Cons

the pay was way below market rate and increases were even smaller.

Advice to Management

if you want to keep your employees happy and have them stay longer, reward them well

A health and human service company that has completely lost touch...a sinking ship...

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Easily able to obtain growth opportunities...if you get in with the right people...but the glass ceiling is very low.

Cons

1. Very low morale. 2. No support from management. 3. Lack of consistency with policies. 4. Very, very low pay with NO raises...employees unable to keep up with rising rate of inflation. 5. No recognition for a job well done...just keep spreading yourself thin until burnout. 6. Profit driven with disregard to how employees are treated. 7. No balance between work life and personal life - They expect you to eat, sleep, and breathe work - even during your time off. 8. Unfair to no reimbursement for use of personal property with high expectations to use personal property (vehicles, gas, vehicle insurance, cell phones, working off the clock, etc.) 9. Expensive benefits with very low wages make them difficult to afford. 10. Large gap between wages of management all the way down to direct staff 11. New hires getting paid more than employees already with the company for many years. 12. Understaffed with difficulty finding new hires to fill shifts due to all of the above...

Advice to Management

Respect and acknowledge your employees. Understand that they are the reason why you continue to bring in a profit. Pay them competitively, reimburse them fairly, and respect a balance between personal and work time. Realize that there is a reason why morale is incredibly low and positions are difficult to hire due to all of the above. Continue at this rate, and you won't thrive for much longer...How you treat your employees is directly reflective of the success of your company. As of current, you are heading in the completely wrong direction, a sinking ship.