There are newer employer reviews for The MENTOR Network

A very comfortable work environment

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time for more than a year

Pros

The ability to be pro-active and assertive

Cons

The lack of response from collaborators

Hold PDs to task. Be sure they are responding and getting involved when needed.

152 Other Employee Reviews for The MENTOR Network (View Most Recent)

There has to be more

I have been working at The MENTOR Network full-time

Pros

Great mission, great co workers that care, great skills training at an entry level

Cons

it is all a NUMBER games and what are profitable for people and not what is needed for the people.

GET ORGANIZED ALL AROUND. Thriving business dont work like this

"Better off working somewhere else"

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time

Pros

I enjoy the flexibility that the job allows

Cons

There is a lot.....here I go:
    1). Benefits are the worst that I have ever encountered in my career. They are so bad that I had to get them outside of the agency. Basically this shows that the company is not invested in their employees. They are so cheap to even invest in better cost of health benefits.
    2). No raises to reflect the cost of living.
    3). Mileage reimbursement rate is a joke. It does not reflect the cost of the rise in gas prices.
    4). No growth here.....if you are looking to grow, this is not the place.
    5). It's a numbers game (about quantity and not quality). They want the numbers to go up, but not investing in services to help the challenges with clients.
    6). Staff have been overworked and still is. Management has not addressed this issue in months...it also seems like for years to me.
    7). There is no appreciation not only from management, but also from the foster parents. The foster parents make it appear that you owe them something (not all of them, but half of them make you feel that way). They don't necessarily understand what the workers go through. There are things we have to do due to upper management, but they get mad when you tell them this and the staff does not make the decision. I understand that in the field you won't always feel appreciated, but at the same time, if it's a constant issue that occurs frequently, then it's a major issue.
    8). Regular supervision has been an issue for months.

If you want to deal with these cons that I included in here, then you can work at MENTOR, but I do not highly recommend it. It will save you a whole lot of trouble and hassle at the end by not working at this agency!

It is important to invest in your employees, so they won't have to feel like the company does not care about their hard work. People have moved on to other opportunities because of the lack of care that the management has for their staff.

There are newer employer reviews for The MENTOR Network

Worked for The MENTOR Network? Contribute to the Community!