Internal Audit Co-op

Former Employee - Internal Audit  in  Boston, MA
Former Employee - Internal Audit in Boston, MA

I worked at The MENTOR Network as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Meaningful company mission
Nice people
Good management
No repetitive work
Ability to travel
Level of responsibility increases

Cons

Some down time as an intern

I thought the company was great as an intern/co-op.

Other Reviews for The MENTOR Network

"Better off working somewhere else"

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time

Pros

I enjoy the flexibility that the job allows

Cons

There is a lot.....here I go:
    1). Benefits are the worst that I have ever encountered in my career. They are so bad that I had to get them outside of the agency. Basically this shows that the company is not invested in their employees. They are so cheap to even invest in better cost of health benefits.
    2). No raises to reflect the cost of living.
    3). Mileage reimbursement rate is a joke. It does not reflect the cost of the rise in gas prices.
    4). No growth here.....if you are looking to grow, this is not the place.
    5). It's a numbers game (about quantity and not quality). They want the numbers to go up, but not investing in services to help the challenges with clients.
    6). Staff have been overworked and still is. Management has not addressed this issue in months...it also seems like for years to me.
    7). There is no appreciation not only from management, but also from the foster parents. The foster parents make it appear that you owe them something (not all of them, but half of them make you feel that way). They don't necessarily understand what the workers go through. There are things we have to do due to upper management, but they get mad when you tell them this and the staff does not make the decision. I understand that in the field you won't always feel appreciated, but at the same time, if it's a constant issue that occurs frequently, then it's a major issue.
    8). Regular supervision has been an issue for months.

If you want to deal with these cons that I included in here, then you can work at MENTOR, but I do not highly recommend it. It will save you a whole lot of trouble and hassle at the end by not working at this agency!

It is important to invest in your employees, so they won't have to feel like the company does not care about their hard work. People have moved on to other opportunities because of the lack of care that the management has for their staff.

Mentor executives should be ashamed of themselves!!!

I have been working at The MENTOR Network full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There are no longer any pros.

Cons

Executives only care about the money and it is all they talk about. Never any talk or trainings that benefit their consumers. You can work at Mentor for 30 years and another person newly hired in doing the same job will make the same money. There is no reward for loyalty. No raises in 7 years!!!! Extremely unorganized!!!! The company policies conveniently change to fit their personal needs. Employees are treated with no respect. You are expected to work 12 to 18 hour days in some positions and paid a flat salary for all your hard work. Caseloads continue to get higher and higher so they can give their executives raises and bonuses and the he'll with the employees and consumers. Benefits are terrible and continue to get worse. Not sure how they have managed to stay in business.

Treat your employees better. Reward your good employees!!! Show at least a little bit of caring towards your consumers and employees. Stop increasing caseloads so your employees can give the consumers the care they deserve and are entitled to. You need to raise the bar on what you determine is acceptable care. There is a HUGE disconnect between the worker bees and the executives and it is so obvious with all your unreasonable expectations. STOP working your salaried employees to death.

There are newer employer reviews for The MENTOR Network.

Worked for The MENTOR Network? Contribute to the Community!