The MENTOR Network

www.thementornetwork.com

Loved my residents, didn't love the management.

Former Employee - Direct Support Professional
Former Employee - Direct Support Professional

Pros

It is a fun relaxed environment and felt like I was spending the day at home with friends or family. The staff were all fun to work with and when you found people you worked well with it could be an enjoyable experience. I loved the time I got to spend with the residents of the home watching movies, playing games, playing outside, and going out into the community.

Cons

There was no support from the management. They were looking at the money and not the safety of the residents or employees. We were not supported with problems going on in the home with out residents but instead given quick fixes to problems that would not go away. The management spent very little time in the home so they did not know what the problems their staff was facing. There was a lack of communication often and things would be changed each time I would come for a shift. The inconsistency was not good for our residents. The job could be great at times but at others extremely difficult and we did not get paid enough for the stress and difficulty of this job.

Go into the homes and spend time with the clients and workers. Know what the problems are so they can be fixed quickly and efficiently. Keep an open line of communication with all workers so they know what is going on in the home and what changes are being made. Look past the money and focus on the safety, health, and happiness of your clients and staff.

Other reviews for The MENTOR Network

Tough times for DSP's.

Current Employee - DSP
    Current Employee - DSP

Pros

Have good ideas for the clients and Programs. The Co seems to be trying harder this year. Hopefully it will improve more.

Cons

Not much chance for growth. Loyal workers don't get treated any better, Seems like rules aren't enforced. Some DSP's do little and others do more, yet new hires seem to make more money or close to loyal workers.

Stick with a plan. Communicate with Employees weekly so we are informed. Don't just look at us like a body count. WE have a life outside of Mentor.

Great growth potential!

Current Employee - AR Coordinator  in  North Andover, MA
    Current Employee - AR Coordinator in North Andover, MA

Pros

Great people to work with and there is opportunity to grow. The duties involving your job keep you busy all day long each day! Comprehensive pay and 401K is offered.

Cons

Terrible health benefits and no merit increase (for now). Depending on your role, the job might seem repetitive and stale.

Please offer some more incentive to try and be the best employee you can be.

There are newer employer reviews for The MENTOR Network.

Worked for The MENTOR Network? Contribute to the Community!