The MENTOR Network

www.thementornetwork.com

Loved my residents, didn't love the management.

Direct Support Professional (Former Employee)

ProsIt is a fun relaxed environment and felt like I was spending the day at home with friends or family. The staff were all fun to work with and when you found people you worked well with it could be an enjoyable experience. I loved the time I got to spend with the residents of the home watching movies, playing games, playing outside, and going out into the community.

ConsThere was no support from the management. They were looking at the money and not the safety of the residents or employees. We were not supported with problems going on in the home with out residents but instead given quick fixes to problems that would not go away. The management spent very little time in the home so they did not know what the problems their staff was facing. There was a lack of communication often and things would be changed each time I would come for a shift. The inconsistency was not good for our residents. The job could be great at times but at others extremely difficult and we did not get paid enough for the stress and difficulty of this job.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo into the homes and spend time with the clients and workers. Know what the problems are so they can be fixed quickly and efficiently. Keep an open line of communication with all workers so they know what is going on in the home and what changes are being made. Look past the money and focus on the safety, health, and happiness of your clients and staff.

Tough times for DSP's.

DSP (Current Employee)

I have been working at The MENTOR Network full-time

Pros: Have good ideas for the clients and Programs. The Co seems… Cons: Not much chance for growth. Loyal workers don't get treated any better, Seems like rules aren't enforced. Some DSP's… Advice to Senior Management: Stick with a plan. Communicate with Employees weekly so we are informed. Don't just… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A very comfortable work environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time for more than a year

Pros: The ability to be pro-active and assertive Cons: The lack of response from collaborators Advice to Senior Management: Hold PDs to task. Be sure they are responding and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on The MENTOR Network.

Worked for The MENTOR Network? Contribute to the Community!