The MENTOR Network

There are newer employer reviews for The MENTOR Network

Direct care supervisor

Former Employee - Direct Support Professional in Perris, CA
Former Employee - Direct Support Professional in Perris, CA

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Having that feeling you are helping someone who really needs it.. the oppertunity to give back when others wont.

Cons

The company seems like a good idea I am sure some of the office are, but I cant understand how its okay to crowd people in little offices and give them broken items to learn with.. I cant understand how a comapny makes so much money but does not update some of the offices.. lastley I dont see how they think it is okay to tell the employee to change adult diapers with food handling gloves, yes the ones that easily break...

I.would tell management to step outside their office, listen to the whispers.of your employees they are the heart of the comapny... learn to budget money better. Also learn to talk to your employees better...

170 Other Employee Reviews for The MENTOR Network (View Most Recent)

could be so much better

Former Employee - Direct Support Professional
    Former Employee - Direct Support Professional

I worked at The MENTOR Network full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

its not a complicated job

Cons

Management does not respect employees

Be available to employees and be more respectful to employees.

DSP at Mentor Network and can't wait to get out!

Current Employee - DSP
    Current Employee - DSP

I have been working at The MENTOR Network part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Clients are awesome; I work at a day program so the hours are nice, and weekends off.

Cons

Way WAY too much work for so little pay; Inconsistent and unreliable management; Zero flexibility with hours or option for more hours (my schedule is only 25 hr/week)

Treat your DSPs AND CONSUMERS as if you actually value and appreciate them. WE are the ones doing all the hard work with he consumers! I live in a very very HCOL area and am paid less than your average fast food worker! I'm not expecting loads of money for a job that hired me without even interviewing me and has virtually no requirements. But when you expect me to change adult diapers all day and clean up after consumers and wash dishes, mop, and take out trash...all while watching my consumers...it's a bit much. Consumers are the ones that get shafted by putting so much work onto DSPs, and by having such a high turnaround in employees. I cannot engage my consumers when I'm constantly busy with cleaning or watching other people's consumers because we are severely understaffed and running higher ratios than allowed by licensing. Our program okayed a DSP to transfer to another location without hiring her replacement. Sure, why not, it has zero effect on THEM! Meanwhile it's the DSPs who have to pick up the slack. This is a FOR PROFIT company, so why so little pay? Is upper management is getting equally stiffed? I highly doubt it!

There are newer employer reviews for The MENTOR Network