The Melting Pot

www.meltingpot.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Melting Pot

Good people, good work environment, questionable direction.

Former Employee - Server in Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Server in Sacramento, CA

I worked at The Melting Pot part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Managers are former employees so they have no problems helping and doing dirty work.
High sale totals possible.
Let their employees have input, doesn't push things to sell.

Cons

Does not care to follow the FIFO system of First In First Out, resulting in openers turning into closers frequently.
Kind of scattered on where to take the brand.

90 Other Employee Reviews for The Melting Pot (View Most Recent)

Fondue Professional

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

I have been working at The Melting Pot part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The work schedule is flexible. Is perfect for a student looking to earn some money through a part time gig.

Cons

The cons are that it is a job in the food service industry. Living off of tips is the most frustrating part of the job. Most customers do not grasp the concept of tip sharing systems that most restaurants feature. Large bills = large tip out (usually 2.5-5.5% of total revenues. Not tipping on 15-20% of the bill is completely unacceptable. But it happens often.

Re-investment is key. GM's need to get owners to fork over the necessary cash to keep the restaurant running effectively.

It was ok

Former Employee - Host in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Host in Reston, VA

I worked at The Melting Pot part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The pay was good for a hostess job. I got to become at hostess at just 17 which was cool. The servers were nice.

Cons

The hours were terrible. On some days I was scheduled they'd let me go home 5 mins after getting to the place! That got really aggravating. Also, being "on call" can sometimes suck because you cant really make plans. The management was nice but you could tell they favored people. I wasn't properly trained and the management expected me to know things I was never told about which is a flaw on their part. I only worked for like a month because I got tired of the mistreatment. And I always went home smelling like cheese which stays in your clothes and hair forever.

Don't openly favor your employees, treat everyone fairly, and practice what you preach.

There are newer employer reviews for The Melting Pot