The Met

www.metmuseum.org
There are newer employer reviews for The Met

He's been there for many years and I think he has done a great job.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at The Met

Pros

I think the opportunity to work in one of the world's greatest art museums is the best reason to work there. Working there usually gets you free admission to almost all museums in New York. Employees not working on Monday get to visit on Monday when the museum is closed to the general public. Employees also get to see previews of new exhbibitions before they open to the general public. The Met Store grants a very generous discount to employees, especially during staff sales. They offer part-timers the opportunity to buy into their health insurance plan should they need it. They have very nice career-related skills workshops. Finally, they have a decent and inexpensive cafeteria.

Cons

Like almost all non-profit art institutions, the pay for most positions is far behind what those same positions average at for-profit companies. In my area, I think there could be better communication between associates and those working in upper management.

Provide more opportunities for communication between departments even if they have no relation to each other.

9 Other Employee Reviews for The Met (View Most Recent)

Creative minds unite

Former Employee - Production Supervisor
    Former Employee - Production Supervisor

I worked at The Met

Pros

Opportunity for creative growth and expression within the company. Excellent team building through project planning and execution. Amazing staff, upper management and performers.

Cons

Depending on the department, there can be some micro management challenges. Defintely nothing that a confident knowledgeable employee could not handle.

Downton Abbey with More Art

I worked at The Met part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Beautiful space, amazing exhibitions at a moment's notice.

Cons

The work culture's dichotomy is completely off-putting.

Look beyond NYU and Columbia for hiring.

There are newer employer reviews for The Met