A good stepping stone for career growth.

Current Employee - Associate Manager
Current Employee - Associate Manager

I have been working at The Nielsen Company

Pros

There is a lot of room for growth here, depending on what sub-business you belong to. The work is mentally stimulating and interesting.

Cons

It's still not as well-integrated as it could be, and some groups are skeptical toward sharing with others. I've heard it's tougher for people to come in as senior hires than as college recruits.

Continue to keep the work interesting. Improve benefits.

Other Reviews for The Nielsen Company

Promising at the beginning but took a turn for the WORST!!!!

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Kennesaw, GA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Kennesaw, GA

I worked at The Nielsen Company

Pros

Nielsen is a great company to have on your resume....I would say a great stepping stone towards something better!

Cons

Management in the Kennesaw office really sucked and fell to keep their employers informed at all times. Its cool to have a "family" environment but there needs to be a line drawn somewhere towards sharing personal information and bring your personal life to your place of employment.

Communication is the key to success! I do not understand how communication could be so poor in such a small office. Maybe if the office did not have a lack of morale there would have been a different turn out.

Almost but no cigar

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at The Nielsen Company

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work for The Nielsen Company revolve around its prestige in data and analytics in the Market Research and media community, its global presence, and it's cliental. Nielsen services some of the largest players in the global economy especially in FMCG. Also working here you'll learn a lot in a short period of time about retailers and manufacturers and the important factors that go into thier business decisions.

Cons

Currently The Nielsen Company is in a restructuring phase which includes a lot of upper management changing positions, and there has been a focus on integration of all the business groups of Nielsen. This integration also referred to as "One Voice" has not transitioned smoothly where many of the business groups still act in silos. Be prepared to spend more than 40 hours a week in your position with demanding managers and clients with stringent deadlines. Another downside of The Nielsen Company includes the steep learning curve in terms of methodology of the products offered.

I would say that training of newly hired workers is very poor. Its surprising to me that a company that prides itself on "People" that there would be this problem. I'd also ask that senior management push back harder on demanding clients and their outragous deadlines when most of the deadlines are pushed back due to the client not providing either the correct data or not enough direction from the client which data they gave is correct.

There are newer employer reviews for The Nielsen Company.

Worked for The Nielsen Company? Contribute to the Community!