The Nielsen Company

www.nielsen.com

Meritocracy is a motto, not a value they live by. Senior Management manages by cliches, not through leadership.

Director (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe company has a good name recognition in and outside the industry.

ConsExecutives rotate through business units in 3 year cycles, hence they make short term decisions and don't invest in people or innovate new products. Executives just want their numbers to look good and then leave the problems for the next Executive rotating through.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in the people (employees). If you take care of the people, they will take care of the clients. If you take care of the clients they will take allow management to make their numbers.

Good place to break into the CPG industry then move to a manufacturer/retailer.

Associate Client Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

I worked at The Nielsen Company

Pros: 1) Good place to break into the industry 2) Working for Nielsen will… Cons: 1) Nielsen is developing an "up or out" mentality 2) Internal processes/procedures can be rather cumbersome 3) Client… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good Experiances

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

I have been working at The Nielsen Company

Pros: Great people and a fun place to work if you… Cons: process rule which is good and bad Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on The Nielsen Company.

Worked for The Nielsen Company? Contribute to the Community!