The Nielsen Company
3.0 of 5 1,033 reviews
www.nielsen.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Lots of resources, but can be very bureaucratic.

New York, NY

I have been working at The Nielsen Company full-time for more than 5 years

ProsExtensive resources available, operates in many countries, many career opportunities if you have a good manager. Also, this is a very exciting category to work in.

ConsConfusing organizational structure, poor communication between divisions, management is very top heavy. Also, depending on your manager, your career development may be limited despite the company's extensive resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop promoting managers that do not know how to develop their employees.

Once An Icon

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

I worked at The Nielsen Company full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Long-term reputation in media field No direct competitor in TV Ratings Cons: Private equity group buy-out was "death knell" to a legendary leader in media & marketing research. Ongoing company-wide layoffs… Advice to Senior Management: Media research is a unique entity and cannot be operated… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Work/life balance? What's that?

Senior Product Manager (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at The Nielsen Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good in house education opportunities provided by the company Many intelligent… Cons: Hard work not rewarded Constantly need to be on your guard as execs will throw you under bus… Advice to Senior Management: If you want to be a cutting edge media company, you're going to have to innovate, you're going to have to spend some money and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on The Nielsen Company.

Worked for The Nielsen Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Nielsen Company reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Nielsen Company CEO Mitch Barns . All reviews posted anonymously by The Nielsen Company employees.