The Nielsen Company
3.0 of 5 1,025 reviews
www.nielsen.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

A specialized custom research supplier being acquired by a large syndicated data supplier had its Pros and Cons

Senior Manager (Former Employee)
Parsippany, NJ

I worked at The Nielsen Company full-time for more than 10 years

ProsConnections with key decision makers at the largest CPG companies in the world.
Opportunities to work across the many service areas of The Nielsen Company.
The opportunity to bring multiple research capabilities and services to the client with One Voice.

ConsWith its syndicated mentality, Nielsen senior management struggled to understand why revenues from a custom based service did not increase on an annual basis at the same level as syndicated services.

Our custom group was shuffled multiple times within the company until it recently found a home within the Shopper/Consumer Insights area.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate the fact that, in those years in which the company passes along increased costs to clients for providing data from the world's largest retail account, client's revenue budgets vis-a-vis spending on custom research services will be significantly reduced.

Needs to think forward, don't just think of numbers

Technical Account Manager (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at The Nielsen Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Work life balance Comfortable working space Flexibility of work hours Cons: Just part of a number game, can get rid of you or wait for you to quit without any regrets Low salary Not growing… Advice to Senior Management: You need to start thinking ahead before you are buying all these small companies. What's the point of getting a group of talented people,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Long time employee - lots of change, lots of opportunity

Marketing (Former Employee)
Schaumburg, IL

I worked at The Nielsen Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: If you like research and analysis, this is a great company. Many… Cons: Lots of constant change. Reorganizations to evolve the company while… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on The Nielsen Company.

Worked for The Nielsen Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Nielsen Company reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Nielsen Company CEO Mitch Barns . All reviews posted anonymously by The Nielsen Company employees.