The Nielsen Company

www.nielsen.com

Empty Promises...

Membership Representative (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsFlexible Schedule. As a part-time employee I am supposed to work 25 hours per week. Sometimes it is less and sometimes it is more. In order to keep job you must meet sales quotas. No exceptions. Natural disaster. Too bad. Surgery. Too bad. Quotas must be met or you will be let go. No exceptions. But, again, making your own schedule is a big plus!

ConsToo much work for the hours allowed. I have to work a lot off the clock to get the work done and keep my job. Everyone does it so it is "normal".

Advice to Senior ManagementMake training materials more clear and complete. Understand the time required to complete tasks and allow that time to employees. Have understanding when natural disaster strikes and there is no power, internet or road access or when an employee has surgery.

Needs to think forward, don't just think of numbers

Technical Account Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at The Nielsen Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Work life balance Comfortable working space Flexibility of work hours Cons: Just part of a number game, can get rid of you or wait for you to quit without any regrets Low salary Not growing… Advice to Senior Management: You need to start thinking ahead before you are buying all these small companies. What's the point of getting a group of talented people,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place to start your career

Emerging Leader Associate, Watch (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at The Nielsen Company full-time for more than a year

Pros: Mentoring, coaching, opportunity to grow Cons: Lack of movement on the watch side of the business More
There are newer reviews on The Nielsen Company.

Worked for The Nielsen Company? Contribute to the Community!