The Nielsen Company

www.nielsen.com
  www.nielsen.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Nielsen Company

Great company to build a resume or grow a career

Current Employee - Associate Client Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - Associate Client Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at The Nielsen Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone knows of Nielsen, so working for The Nielsen Company is great to include on a resume.

Also, in such a large and diverse company there are a lot of opportunities to grow a career here, especially if you are able and willing to move for opportunities.

Cons

The benefits here are pretty bad. Medical insurance is bare bones and the vacation time is as lean as they can legally get away with... on the upside, a lot of positions allow the opportunity to work from home, especially after you have been here a while.

If you want to attract and retain the top talant you must compensate them with similar packages to other top employers. I know many people who have left Nielsen because the pay/benefits were better and they are highly employable.

1286 Other Employee Reviews for The Nielsen Company (View Most Recent)

Unique

Current Employee - Membership Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Membership Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at The Nielsen Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Everyday is different. You will never get bored.

Cons

Too many organizational changes. Hard to keep up with them because by the time you learn the new procedure, a new one is on the way...

While its good to implement changes, it will be better if you allow personel to cope with "leraning time"

Run don't walk!

I have been working at The Nielsen Company full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Exposure to numerous high level executive industry contacts.
    - Nielsen gold standard in market research .

Cons

Senior leaders constant push for raising the bar without backing up their claims of meritocracy. Expected to do more with less.
    -too much internal red tape since going public, no more Simple Open Integrated.
    -Senior leaders setting unattainable forecast to please Wall Street then forced to lay offs, office closings and more off shoring to accommodate missed targets.
    - limited opportunity to build Watch and Buy side experience (no interaction or cross functional opportunities).

Focus on executing the core well to allow us to do our jobs (improve coding quality and stop off shoring key client database contacts).
    Train your PS teams before you roll out new product platforms to clients so that we are able to implement and service without looking like idiots.
    -Stop pushing us to raise the bar if you are not willing to support and invest in your people.
    Spend more time reaching out to those on the frontline before making division wide decisions/policies it will reduce the amount if blunders and back pedaling.
    -Stop pricing us out of the market, if we are so bust constantly putting out fires we do not have time to pitch the Nielsen value proposition .

There are newer employer reviews for The Nielsen Company