There are newer employer reviews for The Nielsen Company

Global opportunities for strong performers

I have been working at The Nielsen Company

Pros

Many different business & countries to work in, if you build the right network with management & HR. Senior management is generally very good, as are some individual leaders.

Cons

Quality of individual business leaders & managers can be hit or miss. Some parts of the company can be overly political.

1195 Other Employee Reviews for The Nielsen Company (View Most Recent)

Member rep

Former Employee - SAN Fran  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - SAN Fran in San Francisco, CA

I worked at The Nielsen Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay, benefits, time, flexibility, car

Cons

No work life balance, difficult people to deal with

Be fair

Dysfunction and annual failed re-orgs create misery.

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at The Nielsen Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Name on resume causes a good amount of headhunter activity.
    Can really get a good understanding of the data, analytics, and software products provided. However, it does not seem like having in depth knowledge is valued as much as one might expect in other companies.
    Since there are expectations to work nights and weekends on little to no short notice, it is great to be able to work remotely.

Cons

(Preface: I have received top ratings for many of my years here). Cons: Where to begin? The Pros mentioned are truly the only good thing about the business unit I worked in. But the Cons completely decimate the Pros. Benefits - employees shoulder the cost more and more every year. Compensation - great if top performers are happy with 1.5 to 2.5% raises while average employees get no raise. Culture - like none I have every seen or even heard of. Hatred, confrontation, lack of trust are a common occurrence in meetings and on projects. Project management drives the products - not strategy or serving clients' needs.

Step-in and stop the toxic culture. Let people know that it will not be tolerated. LEAD BY EXAMPLE. Wait, you are often the ones being toxic. Bring in external candidates - if internal employees fill open spots, culture does not change.

There are newer employer reviews for The Nielsen Company

Worked for The Nielsen Company? Contribute to the Community!