There are newer employer reviews for The Nielsen Company

Dynamic Company

Current Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at The Nielsen Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

exposure to different teams, employee resources groups, vast number of locations across the US and internationally, fun work environments, amazing people to work with, ability to work from home

Cons

long hours, making cuts across the board, executive level management restructuring, not enough training resources available

1204 Other Employee Reviews for The Nielsen Company (View Most Recent)

Short life

I worked at The Nielsen Company

Pros

Arbitron employees received a presentation about the opportunities to grow and the team-work culture at Nielsen. Many of us never saw that (see cons)

Cons

I had worked for Arbitron Inc for 15 years, Shortly after the merger with Nielsen a large part of the Arbitron workforce was notified that they would be part of a reduction-in-force. Our group was part of the RIF. I was never interviewed regarding the applications that I had developed for the company. As far as I know, the presentation by my manager to the new administration was marginalized. Everything seemed pre-ordained without regard for truly learning the intellectual content that they were buying.

When you want to transition people and processes, make sure you talk to all the right people, explore all the variables and risks, and then keep them in the job until the transition is complete. Arrogance is not a virtue. Timelines mean nothing if you meet them and then have to rework everything to make it right.

They purchased Arbitron and took the technology and laid off all the staff.

Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst  in  Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Columbia, MD

I worked at The Nielsen Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

I don't have any pro's. This company is only out to become a monopoly and buy other companies intellectual property and then layoff their entire staff..

Cons

The whole company is one big con. I had one employee ask me if I wanted to work their even though they laid me off and when I said no she said "good choice, I have been here 10 years and they are a rotten company". I understand why people stay working for companies they don't like so I didn't purse it any further. I had already been laid off.

Get a heart.

There are newer employer reviews for The Nielsen Company

Worked for The Nielsen Company? Contribute to the Community!