The Nielsen Company

There are newer employer reviews for The Nielsen Company

Good overall experience

Current Employee - Associate Client Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - Associate Client Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at The Nielsen Company full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Autonomy, vision for future. Best assets in the business, now the challenge is to integrated them to make the maximum impact on clients. Working hard to increase the overall talent level each year - GE mentality.

Cons

Difficult to integrate assets and speak with one voice to clients. Limited training opportunities. Compensation can be less than market competitive. Career progression mapping can be unclear.

1284 Other Employee Reviews for The Nielsen Company (View Most Recent)

Short life

I worked at The Nielsen Company

Pros

Arbitron employees received a presentation about the opportunities to grow and the team-work culture at Nielsen. Many of us never saw that (see cons)

Cons

I had worked for Arbitron Inc for 15 years, Shortly after the merger with Nielsen a large part of the Arbitron workforce was notified that they would be part of a reduction-in-force. Our group was part of the RIF. I was never interviewed regarding the applications that I had developed for the company. As far as I know, the presentation by my manager to the new administration was marginalized. Everything seemed pre-ordained without regard for truly learning the intellectual content that they were buying.

When you want to transition people and processes, make sure you talk to all the right people, explore all the variables and risks, and then keep them in the job until the transition is complete. Arrogance is not a virtue. Timelines mean nothing if you meet them and then have to rework everything to make it right.

They purchased Arbitron and took the technology and laid off all the staff.

Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in Columbia, MD

I worked at The Nielsen Company full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I don't have any pro's. This company is only out to become a monopoly and buy other companies intellectual property and then layoff their entire staff..

Cons

The whole company is one big con. I had one employee ask me if I wanted to work their even though they laid me off and when I said no she said "good choice, I have been here 10 years and they are a rotten company". I understand why people stay working for companies they don't like so I didn't purse it any further. I had already been laid off.

Get a heart.