The Nielsen Company

www.nielsen.com

I'd return to Nielsen at the drop of a DIME!

Membership Representative (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsNielsen has a philosophy of " You take of Nielsen and Nielsen will take care of you!" The freedom to travel and/or relocate with company is endless. Almost everyone I've known has been happy with their position; culturaly diverse and opportunity to advance is HUGE!

ConsThough work/family life are respected and balanced, it's best to be free of commitments such as spouse or young children. You may be asked to help work a territory for a month or three that's out of state. If you're not free to travel, it can DEFINITELY hinder your ability to appear "mobile" or advanceable....

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to Management: Hang on to employees that are in it for the long-haul--don't always look for the young, unattached, fresh-out-of college employee--there's alot of dedicated Nielsen employees that LOVE what they do and are there for life...

Good opportunities for growth, interesting work, but below-avg pay

Senior Research Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at The Nielsen Company

Pros: The work is interesting, especially since the company is moving into the digital and mobile realms. There are definitely opportunities… Cons: Pay is definitely below-average in the market. This leads to high turnover, which leads to substantial workload passed onto remaining employees.… Advice to Senior Management: Recognize the efforts of your employees by rewarding them with raises and promotions. This will cut down employee turnover and reduce the… More

Research Manager at Nielsen Online

Research Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at The Nielsen Company

Pros: On the positive side, Nielsen Online had a diverse roster of clients ranging across industries, good opportunites… Cons: On the negative side, Nielsen Online had a high turnover of staff, colleagues tended… Advice to Senior Management: The leadership at Nielsen Online was strong, albeit a bit far… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on The Nielsen Company.

Worked for The Nielsen Company? Contribute to the Community!