The Nielsen Company

www.nielsen.com
  www.nielsen.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Nielsen Company

If you're going to work in market research, work for Nielsen

Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Parsippany, NJ
Current Employee - Senior Research Analyst in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at The Nielsen Company

Pros

Many, many opportunities in the different parts of the company & for advancement

Cons

Would like more interaction with other branches of the company than we're currently getting

Keep being transparent with what our company goals and give instructions on how we can achieve those together

1264 Other Employee Reviews for The Nielsen Company (View Most Recent)

Nielsen

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

I have been working at The Nielsen Company

Pros

The many options that they offer for their benefits package. They have a good package for medical dental and vision exams. They allow for various choices of both PPO and HMO along with a plan for savings specifically for health reasons. They also offer good choices on how to save money for retirment.

Cons

In comparison to some other companies I have worked for there is less information about different oppurtunities to advance in the company. I find that the training that I received was very inadequate. Their seems to be a lack of communication between members in the different departments and even in the same department. They do not really take advantage of the flexibility modern technology can bring to the work place to make tasks easier.

Management should be more specific about what responsibilities your job entails in training. There should be more structure in the way people are trained for the tasks they are expected to peform. They should treat all the employees with more respect and address issues that the employees have about their workplace. I find that management ignores any complaints that employees may have. Many times they do not provide the necessary resources to perform your job well.

Largest research company and good starting place to gain a few years of experience

I have been working at The Nielsen Company

Pros

Largest research company means access to a large variety of projects across multiple industries

Cons

A LOT of bureaucracy. Upper management may hate to admit it, but many units still operate as separate fiefdoms, though the walls are slowly coming down. Also, the company seems to be focused on throwing money at high growth opportunities, while other lucrative, yet slower growing units are feeling pinched.

Pay attention to the desires and motives of the frontline employees. It's one thing to embark on an ambitious change agenda, it's another to alienate a lot of top and up-and-coming talent in the process.

There are newer employer reviews for The Nielsen Company