There are newer employer reviews for The Nielsen Company

Exuberating and common.

Former Employee - Field Technician  in  Benicia, CA
Former Employee - Field Technician in Benicia, CA

I worked at The Nielsen Company

Pros

Pay is at the high end of the industry. Field Technicians are afforded unmarked company vehicles that doc at home ! Yay ! Training is in sunny Tampa. A classy outfit, I must say.

Cons

Scheduling can be erratic but it's the nature of the business. Though there are a lot of gaps between appointments, those gaps can cause a person to work well past normal working hours.

1195 Other Employee Reviews for The Nielsen Company (View Most Recent)

It ain't what it used to be...

Former Employee - Mainframe Software Developer  in  Oldsmar, FL
    Former Employee - Mainframe Software Developer in Oldsmar, FL

I worked at The Nielsen Company

Pros

Prior to the relentless off-shoring of jobs, as part of the private equity purchase, NMR was a decent employer for the Tampa area. The salary was fair and the people were excellent colleagues. The facility in Oldsmar was a great place to work.

Cons

Continued layoffs and the overall atmosphere of distrust and resentment, coupled with the knowledge that management is just as concerned with losing their jobs as are the rank and file, and are prone to panic at upsetting their bosses. It has digressed into 'it's a job' rather than a destination, and a number of employees have opted to depart rather than wait for the inevitable axe to fall.

We all act in our own best interest, however, there may be a point where someone should say, I've had enough kool-aid. I doubt this will ever happen though...

Get a start here if you must - then move on

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at The Nielsen Company

Pros

A lot of other market research companies still consider Nielsen a good foundation for a career in the industry. The company is huge, so you may have a good chance to have a career here if you get the right manager or into the right group or division.

Cons

Very disparate and uneven management practices. Heavily under-resourced especially since started process of going public. HR out of touch. IT 100% outsourced; much of rest of technical or operations jobs given to foreigners with work visas in Tampa, FL. Notoriously poor compensation on average.

23 year olds straight out of college aren't necessarily your best source for developing leaders.

There are newer employer reviews for The Nielsen Company

Worked for The Nielsen Company? Contribute to the Community!