The North Face
www.thenorthface.com Alameda, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Great Company, Great Product, a Few Dark Clouds

Selling Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsIndustry leading product, overall great work environment, great opportunities to move up.

ConsWhile the people in the company are generally great, there are a few older employees that have lost their joy for the job and let it bring themselves and everyone else down. For some reason it's difficult to get these people to move on.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet into deeper communication than the standard business jargon. Get to a managers motivations and aspirations, and the numbers with follow.

Great. Good people, good product, good times

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Columbus, OH

I worked at The North Face

Pros: Some of the best products on the market for a great… Cons: Some of the managers can be less than great but 99% of them… Advice to Senior Management: Relax. if you hire good people they will do their jobs. you dont… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great product, great people, but company needs to modernize

San Leandro, CA

I have been working at The North Face

Pros: Profitable fast growing company, high quality product, talented employees, good work-life balance, no… Cons: IT systems are outdated and slow down productivity, Lotus notes for an email program. Location too… Advice to Senior Management: Modernize systems and pay market rate. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on The North Face.

Worked for The North Face? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The North Face reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The North Face CEO Todd Spaletto. All reviews posted anonymously by The North Face employees.