The Pantry

www.thepantry.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Pantry

We are the Apple of retail (convenience stores and gas).

I have been working at The Pantry

Pros

The people make it such a great place to work. A very solid company who values its employees. The company consistently strive to keep innovating and improving the customer experience as well as the employee experience. I know first hand that if you work hard and do a good job, you will have greater rewards and opportunities afforded to you. We are the Apple of retail (convenience stores and gas).

Cons

The only downside I have experienced is that it is still a job. I may not have been with the company long enough to have discovered more cons, but this company truly values their people and strives for excellence each and every day. We have a new CEO and there is always some uncertainty with a new top dog, but all the whispers thus far are very favorable.

Keep up the good work and please continue to reward us for quality work, especially those of us in the trenches serving the field.

70 Other Employee Reviews for The Pantry (View Most Recent)

A place where I found a fit

I have been working at The Pantry

Pros

I like to stay busy and in my role there is never a dull moment. There is always something to be done, customers to greet, etc. No day is ever the same and I love working with our customers!

Cons

Like every job you have your good and bad days. Luckily the bad days are not so bad that there are other places I would rather work.

It's been great so far...

I have been working at The Pantry

Pros

Working at Kangaroo Express (The Pantry is the parent company) has been a pretty good experience for me. I work in a store as a manager, and like most retail jobs, you have to have a sense of urgency when working with customers. The company is really trying to clean up the stores and is focusing on selling more fresh food and coffee. I have been treated fairly by my District Manager, and for the most part I work 45-50 hours per week. Salary and bonus are good. I have heard that the management training program has improved since I joined the company.

Cons

Sometimes we are short-handed when someone calls out sick.

A tuition reimbursement program would be nice.

There are newer employer reviews for The Pantry