The Pantry

There are newer employer reviews for The Pantry

Talented? Don't work here

Current Employee - District Manager in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - District Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at The Pantry full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The new President seems nice, but knows nothing about how to run this company

Cons

I work in the corporate region, one of the company's best District Manager's went on vacation, came back, went out on illness and coincidentally did not have a job anymore. I was told about another District Manager that worked in Sanford that had a family illness and never came back. It seems like they treat the low performing talent the best and do everything they can to get rid of talent. My boss is an *** kissing corporate person who is dating the human resource manager, so there is nothing he can do wrong. Everyone at corp seems afraid of him and let him do whatever he wants.

Upper Management seems really nice but are completely unaware of why they are losing great talent, look no further than the person that leads the corporate area.

68 Other Employee Reviews for The Pantry (View Most Recent)

In the trenches

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Palm Bay, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Palm Bay, FL

I have been working at The Pantry full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They offered employment when I was laid off from my previous employer (in sales).

Cons

Takes over your life: constant schedule changes, poor communication starting from corporate and within each store, started a training system but still no continuity from store to store, insurance is sub-standard requiring the pay of $1500 out of pocket- on top of rather high weekly premiums- before paying for even a doctor visit (which is difficult when working for less than $10 per hour!)

Get your act together before you sink the whole ship! We need to become more competitive or we will all lose out.

Lots of work

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Jackson, MS
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Jackson, MS

I worked at The Pantry full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You can get plenty of hours due to the fact that most employee's do not show up to work

Cons

you can never plan your life, people do not show up or show up late and leave you stuck

hire people that care and not bodies to fill a store with employee's

There are newer employer reviews for The Pantry