The Paper Store

www.thepaperstore.com
  www.thepaperstore.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Paper Store

This is a Terrible Company and I urge you not to work here !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Current Employee - Clerk
Current Employee - Clerk

I have been working at The Paper Store full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is not a Pro to work here I can assure you-Run from here
was hired hoping for advancement that is what they tell you when you come in.
everyone from mgrs to dm all pretending to smile in your face and are completely opposite
everything is blown way out of proportion and to the extent of them not following their own policy on harassement, and they are the ones doing this
Feels like kindergarden the way you are spoken to, and they will not listen to what you have to say and share.
Complete Opposite of good environment.

Cons

I was able to see what type of compant they are and show me that looking from the outside
and coming in you see how they speak, treat and act to the employees
Toxic,Toxic and very Toxic. Did these people forget what it is like to work for an employer,
who taught them their people skills.all of these mgrs and dm and coporate should not think that they are above everyone else.I bet if they went to work for another company and start over they would not last. They are so use to their own toxic that when some one comes in and sees them for what they really are they are not use to that.

Stop playing favorites and telling lies to employees and when anyone comes to you with
personnel information.Stop telling everyone that it gets back to that indvidual.
Remember that a work culture is not to treat people as slaves and think you can get away with made up policys that protect the favorites.if you want employee respect try training your personnnel to do the same to others.No one should be made to feel like and spoken to in unprofessionally that they want to cry,want to quit bad,or doubt their own experience from verbal and mental scrunty that employees are not team work, and I mean yearly team wok not just in front of the bosses. This why more companies need to hire independent decision makers to protect employees as- outside trainers and hr.
All the sm,dm and corp should take a class in people skill training .

20 Other Employee Reviews for The Paper Store (View Most Recent)

Not the company to work for if you are looking for a career.

Former Employee - Department Manager in Acton, MA
    Former Employee - Department Manager in Acton, MA

I worked at The Paper Store full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good, hard working people at store level.

Cons

overworked and underpaid. The store personnel get treated the worst while the DM's reap all the benefits

stop playing favoritism and tell the truth about work life balance to new employees

Great Family owned company with vast room for advancement

Former Employee - Operations Specialist in Smithfield, RI
    Former Employee - Operations Specialist in Smithfield, RI

I worked at The Paper Store part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very flexible hours, very nice co-workers, upper management is very accessible.

Cons

very low pay and men have to wear ties, a little over the top.

provide more training for the Operations Specialist position.

There are newer employer reviews for The Paper Store