There are newer employer reviews for The Rank Group

its so - so working there at best

Pros

good people who are a lot of fun

Cons

management tend to be incompetent

Advice to Management

shape up or ship out

Other Employee Reviews for The Rank Group

1. Good for starters

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maidenhead, England (UK)

I worked at The Rank Group full-time

Pros

Good to start your career at, loads of people go onto work for bigger companies. Relatively well known brand on your cv. People were generally very friendly, got to see a fair few casinos and time out of the office which was fun. Had a great team around me and dealt with different characters everyday.

Cons

Processes and procedures galore, dinosaur approach to business, higher management not the most visible or approachable. The office politics were rife at management level and above. Real online vs retail atmosphere and the general office culture was quite negative. Loads of "heads" which don't really know what they're doing. Stop restructuring!!!!!

Advice to Management

On the whole I enjoyed my time at rank though I think they need to stop promoting people from in club and start employing people who are specialist in what they do. Try to make the office a bit more social and weed out some of "heads" that seem to just annoy people/don't listen to ideas. Seems to me everyone that left you goes to more well known brands and I don't think it would take a lot to change that. Embrace change don't fear it.

2. Awful stay away

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Victoria, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Victoria, England (UK)

Pros

Friendly environment salaries ok pub life cannot identify any pros really, the location in victoria is nice not to bad and lots of food shops

Cons

Unprofessional management head down Very chinese whispers Not process driven HR very abrupt and corrupted More managers than staff (everyone a manager who manages no one)

Advice to Management

mAKE A CHANGE BEFORE IT IS TO LATE