The Real Food Company

www.realfoodco.com

Fun, flexible company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsMost everyone is friendly, it's flexible and generally all the staff are understanding and accommodating when scheduling hours. It's casual so you can dress how you want and it's in a great part of the city. Employees also get a discount on anything you buy.

ConsIt's really cold because all the open coolers, which can make it very uncomfortable. You get a 30 minute lunch break and it's not paid. You only get 10 paid vacation days, which isn't a lot considering the company is open year round (so you never get a break like normal companies that would close on Thanksgiving, Fourth of July, etc). As a female I always feel a bit uncomfortable sharing a unisex bathroom with all the men who work there, and the bathroom is in a main part of the office, where you can hear everything.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt'd be great to have a men's bathroom and a women's bathroom designated instead of sharing. It'd also make it much more pleasant if it could be warmer - customers always comment how they can't wait to get out into the heat and that it's freezing inside the store. The music that is played somehow ends up being reggae or heavy rock music, which isn't conducive to customers wanting to linger and walk around. It's very aggressive sounding and really puts you on edge. I know a lot of people have complained to me about it but I don't know who is responsible for playing the music.

Out of Touch

Cashier (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

I worked at The Real Food Company full-time for less than a year

Pros: Coworkers were legit. Was able to eat koz of culls. Made fun… Cons: Favoritism, racial discrimination, low pay, and poor scheduling. Advice to Senior Management: Stop hiring your friends who were fired from competiting companies. Stop doing friends favors by making poor investment choices. Stop… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Unjust and unethical company

Cashier (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

I worked at The Real Food Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Sometimes you can find some descent expired food in the culls. This… Cons: Pay starts at $11/hr. Raises are few and far between. The management hires based on who they like not on experience. Discrimination is to be… Advice to Senior Management: Grow a heart. These are real life human beings whose lives you are virtually tearing apart for your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on The Real Food Company.

Worked for The Real Food Company? Contribute to the Community!