There are newer employer reviews for The Reed Group

This company understands work-life balance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Westminster, CO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

I have been working at The Reed Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I work as an exempt employee in Software Development. I have a manager who really gets that work levels are not always 100% all the time and in those cases it is okay to take the slack days as they come and not try to look busy for the sake of being busy. Employees regularly flex their schedules around appointments and family needs and work from home arrangements, whether permanent or as-needed, and it is accepted as completely normal.

My coworkers generally don't get all freaked out and stressed, even when things are not going perfectly, which is really great for morale. We do the best we can as a team and forgive individual foibles that happen from time to time.

Employees wash their hands when using the restroom. That might seem like a weird thing to report, but I fully expected to get sick after I started, just because that often happens when you join a new population of people and their germs. But I haven't been sick at all. Also, I think the flexible work options, including work from home, allows people to stay home when they and their kids are a little bit sick, so they don't share germs as often.

Senior management doesn't micro-manage but they aren't invisible either.

Cons

Paid Time Off allowance is kind of stingy for new employees, however with the flexible time options it only makes a difference if you need to take full days off for vacation or illness.

I'd like a little more support for IT infrastructure for our internal systems (i.e. not our product). Better testing automation, better document management, less reliance on email for everything.

Development uses scrum/agile methodologies very inconsistently.

Keep hiring good people that are a fit for the team and allowing us to do our jobs with your direction.

Invest in internal IT that will improve and support inter-team communication and documentation, so that we don't have to rely so much on individual memory and personalities to solve problems.

Continue to trust your employees and given them the freedom to be successful and happy.

Development should commit more completely to agile methodologies.

29 Other Employee Reviews for The Reed Group (View Most Recent)

Quality of the product (QA process)

Former Employee - IT Engineer  in  Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - IT Engineer in Broomfield, CO

I worked at The Reed Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This is a very good company to buildup your career . You can't blame your whole body if your nail doesn't look good. I was kind of forced to leave due to my boss making the job,environment very hostlie and some employees get special treatment. I worked in the IT area and worked hard. There's nothing wrong with the company as it exists right now.I'm not talking about the company , But QA.

Cons

Special treatment, Favoritism in the work place

Hire Real and Talented people. Quality of the product is important because it ensures the viability of a business. Don't let poor quality ruin your business and reputation of the company.

The worst year I've ever wasted!

Former Employee - Leave Specialist  in  Westminster, CO
    Former Employee - Leave Specialist in Westminster, CO

I worked at The Reed Group

Pros

Only pro's are you gain good experience from the job itself.

Cons

It's basically like a sweat shop there. Employees are not treated Luke humans, only like numbers with no value. They don't allow sick days even with Dr notes without getting written up, and they deny most to all vacation days that are requested in advance. It's very long hours, over time, working from home time away from your family and children and you will not receive a single Thankyou or acknowledgment from any management there. I felt like I was working for drill srgnts. TThere are a company supporting opening and maintaing FMLA cases for its clients but if one of their own internal employees starts a FMLA case for themselves they will be fired and given some other bs excuse as to why so they dont get in trouble. The management is so disorganized. This job was by far the worst company I've ever worked for and invested time into. I will never take time away from my family like I did and not be appreciated for it again!

Treat your employees with respect! They are the back bone to Reeds success, not all the heartless incompetent management there!

There are newer employer reviews for The Reed Group

Worked for The Reed Group? Contribute to the Community!