There are newer employer reviews for The Resort at Pelican Hill

Good for entry level but very micromanaged and difficult to advance.

I have been working at The Resort at Pelican Hill full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Beautiful location and for that reason a great place to go to work every day. Coworkers are friendly and easy to get along with. Pay is decent relative to the same job at other locations.

Cons

Extremely micromanaged. Very difficult to have your voice heard and therefore tough to stand out. Employees are very under appreciated. In an environment where a high level of customer service is expected, employees are not given enough decision making ability to resolve any issues that arise. Pass the buck mentality is encouraged - rather than accepting blame for issues as a whole resort there is a divisive attitude among not only individuals within a department, where everyone just tries to avoid blame, therefore people generally do not go the extra mile for the customer because they just try not to be noticed so they can go home for the day. Same attitude exists between departments. Blame for any misstep is always trying to be put on someone else and leads to very poor employee morale.

16 Other Employee Reviews for The Resort at Pelican Hill (View Most Recent)

Ehh

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

I worked at The Resort at Pelican Hill part-time (more than an year)

Pros

You don't have to do your own laundry, you just show up and they have it ready and ironed for you; you can eat free food at the cafeteria if you're into that kind of food; it looks good on a resume.

Cons

I worked at the coliseum: Bad management, too military-like, if you work at that restauraunt you feel like NOTHING to the company, long sleeve button up/tie/slacks in the HOT summer sun working 7 days a week and overtime, the normal shift hours were NOT normal, they were 8 hour shifts and so on.....

Treat employes at the coliseum with more respect and gratefulness because we worked harrrrd long hours out in the hot sun 7 days a week during summer

Overall, a great experience.

I worked at The Resort at Pelican Hill part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I worked in the spa, so beautiful and luxurious. The pay was good, minimum wage w/commission & gratuity, uniform and a daily meal, also 401K after a certain amount of time. I loved the peacefulness of the spa, the amazing co-workers and the superior products we had to work with. Overall great company, great perks, and yes I would recommend this company.

Cons

No benefits for on call employees. No holiday pay, sick, or vacation.

Have more round table discussions with the staff from each area of the spa, from front desk, nails, massage, estheticians, spa attendants, not everyone has complaints, some also have good money saving ideas, How about taking one of the treadmills out of the fitness room and finding an area backstage for the employees to use.

There are newer employer reviews for The Resort at Pelican Hill