The Retirement Group

Add Review

Internship with Financial Services

Current Contractor - Financial Advisor in New Milford, NJ
Current Contractor - Financial Advisor in New Milford, NJ

I have been working at The Retirement Group as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

It was a great learning experience here right from Day one. The company expects you to hit the ground running and if you are prepared to give it your best, then it’s a great place to work at. They focus not only on your technical growth as an employee but also work on your conceptual and analytical skills. Somebody or the other was always around to help and that sped up the learning. The work is fast- paced and engaging. I would recommend this firm for anyone who wants to learn outside of just classroom teaching.

Cons

the work leaves you with very little time to socialize with co- employees during office hours. It doesn’t leave you with a lot of time to develop your people skills except when you are with clients. The only thing that I complained of, or rather my wife was the lack of work- life balance. They respect hard work, so be sure to showcase that!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Employee At The Retirement Group

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in San Diego, CA

I have been working at The Retirement Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a firm, The Retirement Group has been responsive to my needs as an employee. As a new joinee they helped me learn the ropes quickly and then moved me into a well-deserved position of responsibility. I could see that they were making efforts to match my current competencies to their requirements and trying to develop in me attributes that would enable me to make this transition smoother and quicker. The job skills and the people skills that they have inculcated in me are going to take me a long way.

Cons

the only thing I can crib about is that they expect a lot out of their employees. While they make all efforts to ensure that you don’t falter, they have hired you to perform. You will be expected to work long hours and be proactive when it comes to problem solving and connecting with other employees in the organization.

2. Great opportunity for professional growth/experience. You'll have a passionate team behind you.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at The Retirement Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a company that will push you to the next level. They expect a lot from their employees and do not fail to let you know if you are falling out of line. You can tell that the management team is passionate about what they do. Great people to learn from. Management was easy to speak to about concerns.

Cons

Requires you to work a lot of hours. Can be high-pressured at times.