There are newer employer reviews for The Richdale Group

I'm proud to tell people I work at Richdale

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at The Richdale Group

Pros

It's very rare to work for a company that feels like your part of something 'big' while being on a team that feels close and tight. The fact that Richdale builds, owns, and manages all of their properties and intends to hold onto them is very unique and something I haven't come across when talking to friends who work at the competition or when I've interviewed elsewhere. Furthermore, I feel very secure in my position. My boss (who is a manager) started out as a leasing representative so I am confident that if I continue to perform that growth is within reach. The team mixers are fun as well and a great way for me to spend time with my coworkers that I don't typically see on a regular basis. The pay is pretty good as well. I took a corporate position after college and I surprisingly am making much more than I had been.

Cons

I don't love working weekends but I understand it's part of the position and atleast I'm off early in the evenings.

47 Other Employee Reviews for The Richdale Group (View Most Recent)

Great company to start and learn the business.

Former Employee - Property Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at The Richdale Group

Pros

Flexible schedule, great learning experience.

Cons

Lack of communication from corporate.

Better communication from corporate headquarters to office staff.

Welcome to the most unethical co on the planet!

Former Employee - Property Manager in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Property Manager in Omaha, NE

I worked at The Richdale Group

Pros

I met and worked with some great people on the front line and the residents for the most part were kind and friendly.

Cons

*False Advertising. All of the positive reviews that have been posted are clearly the work of the Richdale marketing department in Nebraska.
    *No feedback. Supervisors offer 0 recognition for a job well done, but are quick to jump all over you when something goes wrong. Focus is wrong for ex: you will get a call demanding u replace all a/c filters at once, while residents that have no a/c at all b/c you’re requests for the necessary parts are ignored & maint techs are busy replacing filters.
    *0 communication. You better just know how to do everything b/c when you call mgmt they wont answer/return your call & then they yell at you when they find out about the prob.
    *Extreme favoritism. All that matters is how much they like you, performance is irrelevant. They fire some people for “not getting enough leases” while others who call in “sick” 2/week are praised. Promotions are based on popularity, not performance.
    *Poor compensation for the amount of work/hours required. Leasing agents start at $15 & most mgrs make low 30’s. Salaried employees are expected to work 40+ hrs/week consistently but do not get any overtime pay, but if you miss 1 hour your pay will be docked.
    *No lunch break. Hours are 9-6, no breaks. Most employees work 5 days/week w/o 2 consecutive days off.
    *No compassion. Have a death in the family? Don’t call in unless you have proof & certainly don’t expect them to care about your life.
    *High turn over. Employees only last about 3 mo before they cant take it anymore & quit/get fired. Every employee is looking for another job immediately after starting.
     *Money Hungry. Houston mgmt doesn’t care about the residents all they care about is leasing. Once residents move in & as an ex: have no a/c or water for a month be prepared to be screamed at for not being able to offer a solution b/c the tools are not in your hands & upper mgmt does not care. Mgmt will not hesitate to call a property mgr to complain about a light bulb being out in the gym, but when a property mgr needs a front door replaced after a break in, it takes 2 weeks. Sorry resident, guess you’ll have to barricade your door b/c we are busy changing light bulbs in the gym.
    *Low moral. EVERY employee is miserable. Employees complain about being under valued, lied to, promised things that will never happen, ignored, & just plain treated badly.
    *Terrible benefits. Nothing is covered by the insurance unless you have worked there for more than a year & even then the coverage is bad. No maternity leave/sick days for salaried employees.
    *No advancement. You’re either a leasing agent or a property mgr end of story. So if you’re prepared to work nonstop for no money Richdale is prefect for you!
    *Dishonesty/shady business. They will use your PTO w/o asking even if you worked the 40 hours required & then hope you don’t notice. If you do notice they will claim it was a mistake. If you make too big of a deal about them stealing your time off they will just fire you to shut you up.
    *No consistency. Mgmt will send you to different properties on a whim w/no warning/compensation for gas. You’re expected to walk into a property you have never worked at & hit the ground running. When one of the employees calls in with a hang over you’re expected to run a property w/300+ apts alone, while another property with less apts/traffic has 3 employees working.
    *No training. You are expected to perform at 100% from day one w/o any training. You will learn slowly from coworkers in their 10 sec of “spare” time & the rest you have to figure out on your own, or your fired!
    *No stability. Employees that are fired don’t see it coming. Mgmt will tell you everything is fine & then swing by your property unannounced & tell you to clean out your desk. They give you 0 feedback so it’s impossible to know if they are pleased with your perf or if you are out the door. This leaves all employees on edge at all times. If you find a better opportunity in the same line of bus & Richdale deems them a “competitor,” expect a lawsuit.
    *Unethical. No 2 people are told the same thing when it comes to procedures. Mgmt says whatever pops into their heads & make the rules up as they go. Several employees have requested an employee manual to determine what the “rules” actually are, but mgmt refuses to provide a copy because that would require fairness to all employees.
    *Property mgrs powerless. On-site staff does not have the tools needed to provide adequate cust service. Approval is needed for everything, but getting approval is impossible b/c mgmt always on “vacation” or too busy. Then when owners are in town & want to know why things are not done, mgmt lets you take the fall.
    *Lies. No follow through, only empty promises. They say whatever it takes for you to shut up/stop asking for a promotion or anything else for that matter. They promise you are next in line until you realize that will never happen & except your place in the trenches.

Ethics, look it up.