Little respect

Current Employee - Property Manager
Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at The Richdale Group

Pros

You have good contact with most people throughout the company because it is small
Small business feeling - doesn't feel like a corporation

Cons

Little respect and feedback from upper management
Little follow through on many things that are promised
Pay - no commissions or incentives
Many grey lines as far as who is responsible for what

Advice to Management

Get to know your employees, both leasing and property managers. You have no idea what motivates your employees and you don't seem to care to find out.

reviews filtered by

Avoid unless you're truly desperate

I worked at The Richdale Group

Pros

It's very slightly better than no job
    Good if you're actually interested in property management
    The job can actually be fun and you get to meet a lot of people

Cons

I received no feedback about my performance and was then fired with no warning. Had I been confronted about behaviors that needed changing, not changed them, then gotten canned, that would have been one thing, but there were multiple times leading up to my dismissal that I asked my manager for an assessment and she always replied that things were fine and not to stress. Training was piss poor - I felt I was expected to know how to do things without anyone actually showing me or training me. If I did it wrong, I was in trouble for not asking enough questions, but if I asked too many questions, I was in trouble for having to ask...........circular logic, poor leadership. Don't mistake the manager for your friend; he or she might act like one, but be wary.

Advice to Management

Training is a huge issue in my opinion - why should front line employees be punished because no one bothered to help them learn their jobs? No one walks in the door the first day having all the answers.

Great short term job

I worked at The Richdale Group

Pros

+They hire ALL the time
    +Hours are typical giving a good balance of work/life
    +Your corporate boss is never around so you don't have someone always looking over your shoulder
    +Pay not based on commission (not as much pressure)

Cons

+Your corporate boss is never around so they have no idea how good of an employee you are
    +Pay not based on commission (not as much income)

The turnover rate is out of this world. Both on properties and at the main office. The "upper management" does not have any idea how to run a property. They just bark out orders and tell you if you are doing a bad job.

Not much room for advancement. Even if you want to become a property manager (which I would not), that is about as far as you can go. I would say that 90% of employees either quit or get fired before their first year is over.

Pay is not good (it shows, especially in the corporate office). It feels like nobody ever knows what they are doing.

Advice to Management

Show more involvement in the properties. Study the competition better. At least act like you care about your employees. Get better marketing try to keep people longer.