There are newer employer reviews for The Roof Center

Great opportunities if you are liked by upper management

I have been working at The Roof Center full-time

Pros

Interesting industry, great people to work with.

Cons

Upper management is often unfair, high drama level

Make sure you have all the information before passing judgement.

2 Other Employee Reviews for The Roof Center (View Most Recent)

Good Opportunities, Great People, Poor Work/Life Balance and Inconsistencies

I have been working at The Roof Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people at this company are a big part of why I enjoy my job. They keep the office light-hearted, fun, but can still remain focused. The management wants you to succeed and advance in your career. The Roof Center is part of Beacon Roofing which is a national firm with branches located all over the United States. Their is aggressive expansion which means new opportunities are constantly opening. Every day is different at the branch and brings new challenges. You must be flexible and able to take on multiple responsibilities.

Cons

I was part of the Distribution Leadership Program right out of college. It is a fast-track management program offered nation-wide through Beacon Roofing. There seems to be a lack of communication and focus between Beacon and The Roof Center on what this program entails. I was left stagnant and unchallenged because management was too busy to train me on the functions of the business. There tends to be a lot of inconsistencies with management styles and standard practices. What is acceptable one day may not be the case tomorrow. It was explained to me that they "talk out of both sides of their mouth". The pay is fair for a 40-50 hour work week but you can expect to work 50+ during the summer and 45+ in winter. As an assistant manager, branch manager, and sales rep you can expect to work 60+ hours a week. There is little appreciation for hard work and absolutely no employee appreciation (dinners, lunches, events, holiday parties). They are very much focused on keeping cost down.

Refine the management training program and challenge new employees. Tell your employees that you appreciate them and invest in more training programs and career development. A holiday party every once and a while would boost employee morale. Consistency needs to be established throughout the company in branch functions and best practices. Hire more employees so branches can function at their highest level. Balance work and life so employees don't feel exhausted and burned out.

There are newer employer reviews for The Roof Center

Worked for The Roof Center? Contribute to the Community!