The Ryland Group
www.ryland.com Westlake Village, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Ryland afforded me an opportunity to excel at what I do best...Sell!

Broker Associate (Current Employee)
Sacramento, CA

ProsVery supportive structure, always took my marketing ideas seriously and implemented nearly all of them. This is not the norm in this industry. Although the division I worked for evenyually closed, I am certain they are still a great company to work for. Can't tell you how many healthcare professionals commented on the coverage we had... such as "Wow, you have great insurance!"

ConsThe work load for each employee laid off there we all increase our scope of work. This was difficult, but were thankful to be working.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider opening the Northern California Division again! The latest statistics show an upward trend, you don't want to be the last "on the dance floor" Do You?

Horrible Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

I worked at The Ryland Group full-time for more than a year

Pros: Gained extensive knowledge of residential home construction and real estate Cons: Horrible corporate environment, hostile, crude and unprofessional comments. A lot of… Advice to Senior Management: Get feedback from the reports of all managers and senior level executives. Feedback should be given anonymously without fear… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Top heavy

Worker Bee (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at The Ryland Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Friendly coworkers, family-friendly environment, decent benefits, and somewhat flexible work… Cons: Raised and promotions occur when the housing market is good. However, executive management receives bonuses no matter what happens. Nature of the financial… Advice to Senior Management: Larger bonuses would be helpful because morale is horrible. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on The Ryland Group.

Worked for The Ryland Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Ryland Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Ryland Group CEO Larry T. Nicholson. All reviews posted anonymously by The Ryland Group employees.