There are newer employer reviews for The SCOOTER Store

Good stepping stone, but not a company to get comfortable enough to consider retirement possibilities.

Current Employee - Physician Specialist  in  New Braunfels, TX
Current Employee - Physician Specialist in New Braunfels, TX

I have been working at The SCOOTER Store full-time for more than a year

Pros

Above average salaries for people who do not have a college degree.

Cons

No job stability and very little opportunity for advancement.

Use a bit of common sense when making policy changes. This will eliminate the need for frequent changes.

120 Other Employee Reviews for The SCOOTER Store (View Most Recent)

Disappointing.....

Former Employee - Mobility Consultant  in  New Braunfels, TX
    Former Employee - Mobility Consultant in New Braunfels, TX

I worked at The SCOOTER Store full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay, benefits, job oppurtunities for non-college grads.

Cons

Always heard not to get involved here and I can see why. While working here I did have some fun and I was blessed with a manager who was a good person but the upper management was horrible. Unless you were best buds with management in general you can count on work sucking. Rumors of lay-offs circulate and when/if you are let go, they blame it on something you did wrong to try to get you from collecting unemployment. Didn't like how directors got to take so much time off for "meetings" at restaurants and bars while we all had to actually do our jobs. Lots of gossip here and lack of professionalism. Also didn't like how they emphasize work/life balance but when you ask for time off you get hasseled....

Core Ideologies are not the focus anymore

Current Employee - Manager  in  New Braunfels, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in New Braunfels, TX

I have been working at The SCOOTER Store

Pros

When I first got there, the culture of The Scooter Store was great. Typically a strong focus on customer service. More innovation than typical in a similar company.

Cons

Company is very insurance-payor centric, which severely limits its ability to grow. Needs to expand its product base and payor-base. Lots of change, pay cuts and lost benefits. Being told that things will get better, but we've been hearing this for several years now and it just gets worse. I keep making less and less money.

Recognition is needed for hard work put in. Need more focus on employees, benefits, and community service. The company is the one of the largest employers in the area. But the service to the community is lacking.

There are newer employer reviews for The SCOOTER Store

Worked for The SCOOTER Store? Contribute to the Community!