There are newer employer reviews for The SCOOTER Store

Inbound Marketing Customer Service Rep

Former Employee - Inbound Marketing Customer Service Representative  in  New Braunfels, TX
Former Employee - Inbound Marketing Customer Service Representative in New Braunfels, TX

I worked at The SCOOTER Store part-time for less than a year

Pros

The company had a fun and happy environment when I was there.

Cons

You are held responsible for many things which are out of your control. You are encouraged to pass along leads which you know won't result in a sale. This upsets the Mobility Consultants as they are only allowed so many leads and they don't like wasting them.

120 Other Employee Reviews for The SCOOTER Store (View Most Recent)

What once was an amazing place has lost touch with its employees

Current Employee - Physician Specialist  in  New Braunfels, TX
    Current Employee - Physician Specialist in New Braunfels, TX

I have been working at The SCOOTER Store full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

If you want to be a star, this is the place since it is on the news pretty often. The pay seems ok to people just starting, but people who have been there for a while have taken quite a few pay cuts.

Cons

I've worked there for many years but I have seen top sales people give years and years of their lives to remain at the top of the pack making the company money. They never got written up and never said a negative word about the company. They would put in their 2 weeks notice politely, then hours later be approached by directors and escorted out, much the same as someone being fired for doing something wrong. Onlookers get to see them as if they did something wrong. They are not allowed to have a moment to say goodbye to their co-workers or even pack their stuff, and are tossed out like garbage. In a sense, while I know it is not the ethical way to leave, they would have had a more dignified departure if they packed their stuff said goodbye to their peers and then just quit at 5 o'clock and said they were not coming back. So, since things were done by their parts to be respectful, the company disgraced them.

Now, I still work there so I'm not a disgruntled employee or anything, but over the years, I have seen a steady decline. Employees used to feel valued, and now they are quick to be let go without specific rhyme or reason. Top producers get caught up in layoff while someone who doesn't want to be there remains. I have been through roughly five layoffs, I believe, and just want to make sure that anyone who thinks about working there be wary because I've seen plenty of pregnant ladies and people on maternity leave be let go right away. They tend to hire way too many people, and then let go people who are making more money to save on the bottom line. From what I've seen, most of the 10+ year veterans have left for other opportunities or been laid off. They preach about communicating important happenings and say that no one will be laid off and then the next week, big layoffs happen. One lay off we were at work and even that very morning managers said that everything was ok, even though the news crews were outside. Pay has been cut and merit raises were revoked. I just want to make sure people are aware before applying as to make an informed decision.

Stop treating employees like garbage. Without a bought in sales force, vision isn't much.

Either really stupid or trying to destroy the company

Former Employee - Physician Specialist  in  New Braunfels, TX
    Former Employee - Physician Specialist in New Braunfels, TX

I worked at The SCOOTER Store full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice facilities, several people there are very good people, though this is not really a reflection of the scooter store, and most of them are not management, and are on their way out.

Cons

When you look at what this company is doing there are only 2 conclusions, either they are galactically stupid, or they are deliberately trying to run the company into the ground. They consistently get rid of people who made more than they wanted them to make. They have 2 divisions that are specifically there to stop files from going through (who you are not allowed to speak with because apparently explaining why a customer qualifies is demeaning to them). They have enacted several company-wide procedure changes AFTER they have been proven not to work in individual departments. I don't claim to be the smartest person in the world, and I can see why this is a bad idea, why can't management? Like I said, there are only 2 solutions.

Employees are not as stupid as you think. If you continue to treat good employees like garbage, then you will only have garbage employees left.

There are newer employer reviews for The SCOOTER Store

Worked for The SCOOTER Store? Contribute to the Community!