The Scripps Research Institute
www.scripps.edu La Jolla, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Good but not Great Place to do a Postdoc

Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee)
Jupiter, FL

I have been working at The Scripps Research Institute full-time for more than a year

ProsLocation, smaller/more intimate place than a typical large college atmosphere. Proximity to large cities and the airport. Collaborative atmosphere among divisions. Pay is good for a postdoc, equal to the typical NIH stipend.

Constoo many HR employees/hoops to jump through; support facilities, in particular NMR, are not suitable for the number of employees attempting to use them. Jupiter campus does not receive any of the job fair benefits of the California site.

Advice to Senior Managementwork on getting better connections for employees post employment; job fairs need to come to Florida or chemists will continue to have a hard time finding employment after current positions.

I love the lab, not the Institute

Research Assistant II (Current Employee)
La Jolla, CA

I have been working at The Scripps Research Institute full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Benefits are decent and not that expensive. Great discount benefits… Cons: Institute has really cheapened over the last few years. Each year, benefits cost more and the annual required raises we used… Advice to Senior Management: Provide more employee appreciation -type events. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Place varies according to different lab heads.

Research Associate (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at The Scripps Research Institute for more than a year

Pros: great location, beautiful weather in San Diego Cons: no benefit for postdocs and expect them to almost work… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on The Scripps Research Institute.

Worked for The Scripps Research Institute? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Scripps Research Institute reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Scripps Research Institute CEO Michael Marletta. All reviews posted anonymously by The Scripps Research Institute employees.