There are newer employer reviews for The Select Group

Great contracting company. Nothing bad to say...

Former Contractor - Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC
Former Contractor - Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I worked at The Select Group as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

- You aren't just sent into the field and forgotten. - Amazing Christmas party! - Fair pay. - My rep worked very hard to make sure I found a position where I'd be happy. Checked on me frequently. - Extremely responsive HR department. Every that I worked with was amazing.

Cons

- Health insurance offering is inferior to that at other contracting companies. Was able to get cheaper insurance on my own.

Advice to Management

Keep it up - this is a great place to work!

Other Employee Reviews for The Select Group

1. Working as a part of a team and supporting the office manager. Responsible for the day-to-day tasks .

Current Employee - Administrative in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Current Employee - Administrative in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at The Select Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

he scope to expand knowledge and skill sets. The ability learn more about the company, industry, and business functions Being a central figure in the company, the feeling of helping individuals and teams be more efficient People depending on me Busy days, I am always on my feet The ability to have an impact in so many areas The ability to interact with all levels and help build company moral through employee engagement events and projects Knowing what’s going on in the company through understanding what my group is responsible for and how it fits in to what the company’s mission as a whole is as well as knowing what’s going on in other departments

Cons

The amount of interruptions we face on our daily routine You can end up doing some fairly boring repetitive tasks role is invisible

DO NOT WORK HERE FOR AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter

Pros

Decent pay starting off and good benefits. Get paid weekly instead of every two weeks.

Cons

Horrible management. Every one is stressed down the line from upper management to meet quotas and numbers. If you don't hit your numbers which are impossible to meet, you get ripped a new one even if you are fresh out of training. They make it seem like everyone is a close knit team ready to help each other out, but its every man for themselves. If you do not constantly reach your numbers for a month they will can you. Have fun making 100+ phone calls a day, talking to rude, snooty tech guys who get called a million times a day by recruiters. You will work extremely long hours. Word to the wise look for other positions.

Advice to Management

-Better management all around. The entire company needs a management revamp. Many managers don't actually do anything. Some even recruit which kind of signals they don't have anything better to do.