The Select Group

www.selectgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Select Group

Great contracting company. Nothing bad to say...

Former Contractor - Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC
Former Contractor - Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I worked at The Select Group as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

- You aren't just sent into the field and forgotten.
- Amazing Christmas party!
- Fair pay.
- My rep worked very hard to make sure I found a position where I'd be happy. Checked on me frequently.
- Extremely responsive HR department. Every that I worked with was amazing.

Cons

- Health insurance offering is inferior to that at other contracting companies. Was able to get cheaper insurance on my own.

Keep it up - this is a great place to work!

34 Other Employee Reviews for The Select Group (View Most Recent)

DO NOT WORK HERE FOR AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter

I worked at The Select Group

Pros

Decent pay starting off and good benefits. Get paid weekly instead of every two weeks.

Cons

Horrible management. Every one is stressed down the line from upper management to meet quotas and numbers. If you don't hit your numbers which are impossible to meet, you get ripped a new one even if you are fresh out of training. They make it seem like everyone is a close knit team ready to help each other out, but its every man for themselves. If you do not constantly reach your numbers for a month they will can you. Have fun making 100+ phone calls a day, talking to rude, snooty tech guys who get called a million times a day by recruiters. You will work extremely long hours. Word to the wise look for other positions.

-Better management all around. The entire company needs a management revamp. Many managers don't actually do anything. Some even recruit which kind of signals they don't have anything better to do.

Learn as Much as You Can

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at The Select Group

Pros

This company is an AMAZING opportunity for someone coming out of school or wanting to further their career. They'll teach you the mandatory and quintessential things you need to be successful at any position. Work hard, get up and get moving, work together, learn independence, be yourself, ask questions, make connections. This place allows you to work in a young environment where you'll be encouraged and educated with sales experience.

I worked there for 1 1/2 years and I moved through the recruiter role to Account Management. I can't speak of all the lessons I learned from my journey. The people are amazing and leadership is the best part. Talk about some of the best people you could ever hope to work with.

Cons

This job is not for the lazy. You work hard and long hours. Every bit of it is worth it for the relationships and accomplishments you'll make.

Continue to listen to your employees. You can always better that process. Make sure they are heard and invest in their feelings. They are all a bunch of "High I's" after all!

The Select Group Response

Feb 11, 2015‎Internal Relationship Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

There are newer employer reviews for The Select Group