There are newer employer reviews for The Select Group

A Great Company to Work For!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Greensboro, NC
Current Employee - Account Manager in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at The Select Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The Select Group has been rated one of the top places to work for 3 consecutive years, and as I face my 1 year mark with TSG I can completely understand why. When joining TSG I was looking for strong management backing and support, a great quality of life, and a work hard play hard environment. I love that my career here at The Select Group has allowed me to build great relationships in the community, in addition to helping others in their own personal career growth.

Cons

As with any job you will face highs & lows, especially in Sales. One of the toughest challenges in the staffing industry is realizing there are many things out of your personal control. It's learning to focus on what you can do to make a difference in our clients and consultants future. TSG has put procedures in place to help overcome obstacles as they occur and support its employees in making decisions as necessary.

I must say management here at The Select Group is awesome! There is an open door policy at all times and response time is remarkable. It truly means so much to work for a company that from the CEO level to the VP level and all the way through sales management level you feel support and recognition as deserved! Thank you TSG for an awesome year, I look forward to many more!

28 Other Employee Reviews for The Select Group (View Most Recent)

Terrific company to work for!

Current Employee - Professional Technical Recruiter in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Professional Technical Recruiter in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at The Select Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The culture at Select Group is second to none, they legitimately care about their employees & your potential career path. One thing I love is that everyone has their individual goals, but those are all tied together to help the office achieve growth. Management is always talking about ways to get better & learn from past mistakes.

We're always doing something as an office on a regular basis as well, which includes events that involving inviting family/significant others.

Cons

Though I like the quarterly incentives we have, I'd like to see quarterly bonuses for Account Managers/Recruiters make a comeback.

Keep opening doors for new career paths, which has been happening since before I started. The more directions someone can potentially take with their TSG career, the better the retention rate we'll have.

Unreal opportunity for growth and leadership!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at The Select Group full-time

Pros

The Select Group is one of the fastest growing IT staffing agencies in the business and we aren't planning on slowing down anytime soon. If you are willing to work hard and put in 50+ hours each week, you will be rewarded. Our average promotion time from recruiter to Account Manager is just over 6 months. We provide health benefits to employees without payroll deductions, a fair amount of vacation, car and cell phone allowances, cash and stock bonuses and a opportunity to win an all-expense paid company trip to a tropical destination each year!

In addition, we have a great management team and they have all been successful recruiters and Account Managers early in their careers. So, they understand the challenges of each role and they are able to give good advice on how to best deal with each situation. We also have a very "flat" organization where anyone in the company can have access to the CEO and our Regional VPs. The open door policy at TSG is truly remarkable.

Cons

You will work a ton of hours and recruiting, for some people, becomes boring and repetitive. If you are a recent college grad that expects to work 40 hours max each week and wants a month vacation, then this isn't the place for you! We are in bigtime growth mode and we expect our people to work hard. But, if you listen to your manager and hit your metrics each week, you will make a ton of money and you will also position yourself for a management opportunity.

Keep hiring rockstars and keep promoting as many Account Managers as possible. We have worldclass processes and procedures in place and we just need more Account Managers out on the street selling for us.

There are newer employer reviews for The Select Group