There are newer employer reviews for The Select Group

Awesome culture, great company!

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter  in  Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at The Select Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Over the past year I've really enjoyed working for The Select Group. They definitely put a lot into showing their employees that they value them, and I haven't seen that in other places. If you're driven and like to make money, it's a great company! For instance, in January there was a sales conference in Miami, and they flew everyone there for the weekend. The conference was a great learning experience- I feel that I grew so much in my position- and it was nice to meet people from other offices too!

Cons

I don't really have any

24 Other Employee Reviews for The Select Group (View Most Recent)

TSG was vital in my search for my first job out of college in the IT development field.

Current Employee - Java Developer  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Java Developer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at The Select Group as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Very friendly and personable people to work with, great pay, placed me at my first job within weeks of beginning my search.

Cons

The insurance coverage plan could be a bit better.

Boring and Repetitive, Do You Research on IT Staffing Before You Join (

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Charlotte, NC

I worked at The Select Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is an easy job once you figure everything out. You do the same thing every day and focus on the same things. In the end all you are doing is hiring for companies.

Cons

Company is manipulative. If you look at any bad reviews on here they are very quickly followed by about 5 good reviews from within the company. This is the style the company is run on. They want to create a work hard play hard image...but you get no time to play at all. If they were really smart they wouldnt have a meeting after every bad review that is posted to cover up the bad reviews. Make sure you read through glassdoor entirely before taking this job. Make sure it is what you want to do. Watch for any reviews that follow this one. Very competitive industry, there are way to many it staffing companies around. By the time you call the candidate they have already been called my 5 other firms and dont want to hear it. It is a manipulative job, everything you can do in to get the hire, even if you know they will hate the job. You just make calls all day, over and over. Vacation time is good but you have to use it to leave the office. When you expense clients or yourself there are very strict rules compared to other companies (can only spend $20 a meal so make sure your client doesnt want somnething pricey!

Don't create a company image that is not there, you will find a lot more people leaving the company after you hire them. Tell them the truth of what they will do everyday and how strict it is on metrics. I cant imagine how bad the competitors are if this is the best IT firm to work for...two stars for senior management being able to cover up old bad posts, but not 5 for not doing it in a smart way (space out your internal posts)

There are newer employer reviews for The Select Group

Worked for The Select Group? Contribute to the Community!