The Select Group

www.selectgroup.com
  www.selectgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Select Group

I can't imagine working anywhere else!!

I have been working at The Select Group full-time

Pros

It's so nice to come to work everyday and know that you have the full support of your peers and management. It's an open door policy around here, which is really refreshing for someone coming from a really negative work place. Cattiness or gossip aren't put up with, and really aren't ever an issue. Everyone really does have a great amount of respect for each other, and it shows. I wish I would have found out about The Select Group a long time ago!!

Cons

It's a sales environment, it isn't for everyone. Sometimes there are long days, and sometimes it can be a roller-coaster, but the team environment and support from management are there to help everyone succeed

Keep up the great work!!! You really do care about this company, and it shows!!

30 Other Employee Reviews for The Select Group (View Most Recent)

A Great Company to Work For!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at The Select Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The Select Group has been rated one of the top places to work for 3 consecutive years, and as I face my 1 year mark with TSG I can completely understand why. When joining TSG I was looking for strong management backing and support, a great quality of life, and a work hard play hard environment. I love that my career here at The Select Group has allowed me to build great relationships in the community, in addition to helping others in their own personal career growth.

Cons

As with any job you will face highs & lows, especially in Sales. One of the toughest challenges in the staffing industry is realizing there are many things out of your personal control. It's learning to focus on what you can do to make a difference in our clients and consultants future. TSG has put procedures in place to help overcome obstacles as they occur and support its employees in making decisions as necessary.

I must say management here at The Select Group is awesome! There is an open door policy at all times and response time is remarkable. It truly means so much to work for a company that from the CEO level to the VP level and all the way through sales management level you feel support and recognition as deserved! Thank you TSG for an awesome year, I look forward to many more!

Unreal opportunity for growth and leadership!

I have been working at The Select Group full-time

Pros

The Select Group is one of the fastest growing IT staffing agencies in the business and we aren't planning on slowing down anytime soon. If you are willing to work hard and put in 50+ hours each week, you will be rewarded. Our average promotion time from recruiter to Account Manager is just over 6 months. We provide health benefits to employees without payroll deductions, a fair amount of vacation, car and cell phone allowances, cash and stock bonuses and a opportunity to win an all-expense paid company trip to a tropical destination each year!

In addition, we have a great management team and they have all been successful recruiters and Account Managers early in their careers. So, they understand the challenges of each role and they are able to give good advice on how to best deal with each situation. We also have a very "flat" organization where anyone in the company can have access to the CEO and our Regional VPs. The open door policy at TSG is truly remarkable.

Cons

You will work a ton of hours and recruiting, for some people, becomes boring and repetitive. If you are a recent college grad that expects to work 40 hours max each week and wants a month vacation, then this isn't the place for you! We are in bigtime growth mode and we expect our people to work hard. But, if you listen to your manager and hit your metrics each week, you will make a ton of money and you will also position yourself for a management opportunity.

Keep hiring rockstars and keep promoting as many Account Managers as possible. We have worldclass processes and procedures in place and we just need more Account Managers out on the street selling for us.

There are newer employer reviews for The Select Group