The Service Companies
www.theservicecompanies.com Miami Lakes, FL 150 to 499 Employees

Do not work here.

Human Resources Associate (Current Employee)
Miami Lakes, FL

I have been working at The Service Companies

ProsThe only pro is that it's close to home and a stress-free job.

ConsUpper management doesn't care and isn't open to suggestions on how to improve the company. Incompetent employees, would rather gossip then get work done.

I began working for The Service Companies, a hotel staffing agency located in Miami Lakes on April 5, 2010. After working for the company for four weeks, I was let go on April 30, 2010. At the time of employment, I thought the Service Companies was a legitimate agency, providing excellent terms for employment. I saw myself growing in my position as an HR associate, extending my employment for at least the next two years.

However, I received minimal training, and provided few, if any tangible assignments to complete during the work day. During my last week with the company, I was afforded the opportunity to complete an auditing project, and was told I was doing an outstanding job in fulfilling my responsibilities to the company. I was taken aback when I was brought into my supervisor's office and informed that my position was eliminated due to a lack of demand.

I thought nothing of it and left on cordial terms. I now believe I was intentionally mislead about my being laid off, due to the fact that the same position I was told was being eliminated has recently appeared on a job search site. I do not recommend anyone working for this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better and have open communication.

Needs some improvements

Attendant and Supervisor (Current Employee)
Lake Charles, LA

I have been working at The Service Companies as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Personal growth, and diversity Cons: Leadership, benefits, salaries and fairness Advice to Senior Management: Better insurance and perks for employees Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

free lunches and nice people to work with

Service Worker (Current Employee)
Biloxi, MS

I have been working at The Service Companies part-time for more than a year

Pros: free luches decent pay nice cowokers cocktail waitresses are something to look at Cons: working night shift has to get use to no vacation/sick days promotions… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on The Service Companies.

Worked for The Service Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Service Companies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for The Service Companies CEO Steve Wilson. All reviews posted anonymously by The Service Companies employees.