The Service Companies

There are newer employer reviews for The Service Companies

Made some friends

Former Employee - Lead Driver in Lake Charles, LA
Former Employee - Lead Driver in Lake Charles, LA

I worked at The Service Companies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free transportation. A driver gets paid well. I worked there for 4 years and received one raise, but became a salary employee. Lead Driver can make his own schedule, a good job while in school. Most of upper management was awesome.

Cons

High turnover in management, makes it hard for there to be consistent rules. Also, high employee turnover. Very few raises.

13 Other Employee Reviews for The Service Companies (View Most Recent)

Do not work here.

Current Employee - Human Resources Associate in Miami Lakes, FL
    Current Employee - Human Resources Associate in Miami Lakes, FL

I have been working at The Service Companies

Pros

The only pro is that it's close to home and a stress-free job.

Cons

Upper management doesn't care and isn't open to suggestions on how to improve the company. Incompetent employees, would rather gossip then get work done.

I began working for The Service Companies, a hotel staffing agency located in Miami Lakes on April 5, 2010. After working for the company for four weeks, I was let go on April 30, 2010. At the time of employment, I thought the Service Companies was a legitimate agency, providing excellent terms for employment. I saw myself growing in my position as an HR associate, extending my employment for at least the next two years.

However, I received minimal training, and provided few, if any tangible assignments to complete during the work day. During my last week with the company, I was afforded the opportunity to complete an auditing project, and was told I was doing an outstanding job in fulfilling my responsibilities to the company. I was taken aback when I was brought into my supervisor's office and informed that my position was eliminated due to a lack of demand.

I thought nothing of it and left on cordial terms. I now believe I was intentionally mislead about my being laid off, due to the fact that the same position I was told was being eliminated has recently appeared on a job search site. I do not recommend anyone working for this company.

Treat your employees better and have open communication.

HR Manager

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at The Service Companies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Offer better opportunnity to growth professionally

Cons

Personal growth, team work, benefits

Increase the team work sprit

There are newer employer reviews for The Service Companies