The Service Companies

www.theservicecompanies.com
  www.theservicecompanies.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Service Companies

No sense of moral integrity, No sens

Former Employee - Human Resources Associate  in  Miami Lakes, FL
Former Employee - Human Resources Associate in Miami Lakes, FL

I worked at The Service Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy job. Work/life balance was good. I lived far away from the offices, but it was easy enough to get there quickly. Going to openings for different hotels and traveling had its perks.

Cons

No employee appreciation. No values. I was asked to bend rules and ethics to meet goals and bottom lines, which I was completely uncomfortable with. I completely agree with the previous reviewer who was an HR Associate as well.

I was hired in September of 2010 and laid off in March of 2011. The leadership is incompetent and not concerned for the well-being and quality of life of employees. Much like the previous reviewer's story, I was told I was doing a great job and performing well mere days before I was laid off. I was laid off because certain individuals within the company chose to gossip instead of work, and had connections to the higher ups. They didn't like me, and I got laid off for it. Needless to say, I did NOT leave on cordial terms. I would not, ever, recommend working for this company.

11 Other Employee Reviews for The Service Companies (View Most Recent)

If you like disorganization and underappreciation this is the place for you.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I worked at The Service Companies full-time for less than a year

Pros

-The employees are great. They want to be a team they are enthusiastic and enjoy their job.
    -Management on site is great tries despite corporate budget restraints.
    -There is a lot of chance for promotion.

Cons

-Their is no appreciation for the employees.
    -No checks and balances for upkeep for supplies for the cleaning closets employees.
    -Employees pay for background checks, uniform shirts employer says because of high turn over.

-Make a Team Capt. so that one of the employees can be in charge of checking all the closets at the beginning of the shift and stocking them and checking ant the end of shift so the next knows what's missing.
    -If the current electronic system for punching in does not work it needs to be replaced by something that does or needs to be checked /repaired. Double sign ins should not be necessary. It is repetitious and time consuming.
    -Termination letters for exiting employees would make sense and is professional for an organization. They aren't just for your convenience they have other purposes for the employee. I noticed several came back requesting one a couple times a week. Save time and money and do right the first time.

Made some friends

Former Employee - Lead Driver  in  Lake Charles, LA
    Former Employee - Lead Driver in Lake Charles, LA

I worked at The Service Companies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free transportation. A driver gets paid well. I worked there for 4 years and received one raise, but became a salary employee. Lead Driver can make his own schedule, a good job while in school. Most of upper management was awesome.

Cons

High turnover in management, makes it hard for there to be consistent rules. Also, high employee turnover. Very few raises.

There are newer employer reviews for The Service Companies

Worked for The Service Companies? Contribute to the Community!