The Siegfried Group

www.siegfriedcareers.com
  www.siegfriedcareers.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Siegfried Group

good stepping stone for the next position

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Associate Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at The Siegfried Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay is great, though you may price yourself out of the market.

Cons

you could end up doing some administrative work... experience depends on client

64 Other Employee Reviews for The Siegfried Group (View Most Recent)

Loving It

Current Employee - RESOURCE in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - RESOURCE in McLean, VA

I have been working at The Siegfried Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Overall it was a great choice to join siegfried as I was looking for a place to do interesting work and advance my career. I believe Siegfried is that place.

Cons

Work is work, and the HR does a little overhype about how it SOO much different than being at KPMG. But for the most part I'm pretty excited.

Very Deceiving! I wish i got feedback prior to accepting an offer.

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Boston, MA

I worked at The Siegfried Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Honestly speaking, the number one Pro is that, for the most part, you will meet some nice resources.

Cons

First I would very carefully advise that anyone reviewing these posts to not be fooled by the 5 star posts. More likely than not, upper management is writing them to combat the negative image of the company which is unfortunately very true and a reality. I put my notice in due to the very decieving opportunity that they preach to get resources in for their benefit. Let me be very clear, the firm treats their resources like a commodity. If you are looking for development and enhancement of skills, this is definitely not the place. A lot of gossip and drama.

Status - whether you are a "Road Warrior", "Conditional traveler" or "No Travel" let me be clear, they will make it seem like there is abundance of projects and that what ever you pick it will be fine......so wrong! They lose more project leads than win so if there are no projects locally you will have to travel or you will be considered by the firm to be unflexible and they will eventually let you go.

Projects - upon hire you will most likely be pushed or required to take a project on a Big 4 engagement. Lets be honest, the end of the year is busy in our industry so Siegfreid has promised a lot more resources than they have so they scramble to hire and fill spots. Projects significantly drop off after busy season and the quality of the projects do as well. You often fill in spots for various companies where no matter what you are (i.e. Associate Manager, Senior, Director) you are all doing the same grunt work that they need people to do due to their shortage and believe me the task are not helpful in developing your skills.

Bonus Structure - required work week is 48 hrs but the expectation communicated is 50 hrs. Bonus's are received if you go over that thresh hold or travel, but it is not as easy as they make it seem (some clients will not let you work any over time and their work week is 40 hrs. No bonus structure in place for getting good evaluations, bonus's are strictly production (making the firm money = more inconvenience in your life)

Competition - after busy season and the extensive hiring of Siegfried, Jobs are very far and few mostly requiring you to travel to be chargeable. There will be most likely be a dozen or so other resources that you will compete with the for the same jobs at any given time. Be prepared to interview or compete for every project. Resource and Managing Directors will play favorites and pick those favorites and push them to client first while they present it to you (This I have figured out by emails sent to me with projects but the resource director sent along emial history discussing with other directors of the person they want to deploy....so they appear to present, but push a certain resource). If you are the bench because you happened to roll off an engagement at the wrong time, management will make you feel like it is your fault.

Management - incompetent and horrible at selling jobs and getting leads. They project an image that you are valuable to the company but will let you go in a second when there is no jobs out there. Will not help out with career enhancement of professional certifications. A "what have you done for me lately" attitude. Will drop resources or throw them under the bus in a second, I have seen this too many times.

Be more considerate of your resources instead of your bottom line and bonuses....i have already pushed several people away from a decision to "develope their careers with Siegfried". Consider all of the people you have inappropriately let go or resources that have left explaining this as a "dead end career". They have all communicated your poor reputation to their connections.

There are newer employer reviews for The Siegfried Group