The Specialty Hospital of Washington

www.specialtyhospitalofwashington.com

Avoid this place.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsIt was nice to be able to wear whatever scrubs I wanted, without a uniform policy, etc. I hear RNs are paid better that SHW than in most hospitals in the area. The people in human resources are nice, and a few of the people they employ are nice too.

ConsIt is shocking that the various hospital governing boards, etc. allow this place to stay open. The facilities are in poor condition, nursing floors are consistently understaffed and thus the patient care received is very bad. There is not a great deal of support (emotional, clinical, etc) available for people who feel bad about the level of care given. Management is super out of touch with how it is to take care of patients at bedside and they do not seem to care if you are having a hard time. Threats to contact the board of nursing or media are usually ignored so there is this constant feeling like the place is going to be shut down any minute. Checks were sometimes bouncing or direct deposits didn't go through, but the hospital always had some lame excuse. It made paydays a pretty scary time.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you do not have enough money to run the hospital the way it should be run (with adequate supplies, meals for patients, staffing, heating/cooling, etc) then either get more or close the place. Given the management's apathy toward providing good patient care, the poor condition in which the building is, and the poor/burnt out quality of the majority of the staff, you should probably just close up shop. The world would be a better place without SHW, and families would not have to worry that their loved ones are being sent there.

Like Family

I have been working at The Specialty Hospital of Washington

Pros: Benefits, understanding supervisors, location, intimate care of employees and patients,… Cons: Staff to staff communication is poor and often rude, census number determines your… Advice to Senior Management: Give plenty of workplace workshops on workplace demeanor, communication and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Very unsanitary and disgusting.

I have been working at The Specialty Hospital of Washington

Pros: The pay is great but sometimes not worth the headaches. Cons: Not enough Staff help and even with help, they are useless. Most of the nurses are either complaining or sleeping. Its really sad. Mice running… Advice to Senior Management: Need to replace HR and Admin and definitely some of… More

There are newer reviews on The Specialty Hospital of Washington.

Worked for The Specialty Hospital of Washington? Contribute to the Community!