The Talking Phone Book

www.talkingphonebook.com
  www.talkingphonebook.com
There are newer employer reviews for The Talking Phone Book

Worst Place I have ever worked. Longest hours everm for the least amount of money!

Former Employee - Account Executive
Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at The Talking Phone Book

Pros

You will learn a real strong sales approach. They teach the "old school" selling method. The totally micro manage, so if you are not organized they will make you organized.

Cons

They play a total mental game with you. The consistantly use scar tackets to push you to close business. They run the office much like the milatary, if you are one minute late coming in the morning or for your afternoon check back in you get written up, even if you were writing business. They also will require you to come in early and work late, even saturday if the team is not where they need to be. They will not make exceptions to this, even if you have children or a commitment you cant get out of. For several weeks, I was working 12 hour days 5 days a week and 5 hours on Saturday in the office. There is also a ton of take home work that you have to do during non selling hours. Worst job ever!!! They never use positive reinforcement, it is always negative.

Be positive instead of trying to scare everyone into selling. Management at the local level is nothing but glorified babysitters.

5 Other Employee Reviews for The Talking Phone Book (View Most Recent)

Very high turnover rate...

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Charleston, SC

I worked at The Talking Phone Book

Pros

Good pay in comparison to other entry level sales jobs. Coworkers all worked together very well.

Cons

Your job was on the line every day. One day a "hero" next day a "zero".

Take a look at the long term success of employees and be reasonable about the real potential of sales in a down economy. Be more fair in distribution of canvas's, meaning one person shouldn't be give all the prime big money accounts and others receive lots of small potential accts.

Very disappointing

Former Employee - Directory Manager 2006 in Newport News, VA
    Former Employee - Directory Manager 2006 in Newport News, VA

I worked at The Talking Phone Book full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Usually a good starting salary. They may only plan on paying it for a few months.

Cons

In spite of making sales goals, you will likely be removed from your position without cause. I was the 4th person to take a mid level management job in an office that had only been established for 3 years. If it were only my story, not worth mentioning. Unfortunately, I observed them do this to numerous individuals who had been relocated only to be removed from the position in less than a year.

If there is anyone left in the industry that would consider going to work for you, it would be wise to treat them better than the miriad of people you've jacked with.

There are newer employer reviews for The Talking Phone Book