The Teaching Company

www.thegreatcourses.com

Change starts from the top...

Customer Relationship Manager (Current Employee) Chantilly, VA

ProsThe Teaching Company has a great product and that's what drew me to the company. Also, they are very health conscious and offer a very good benefits package.

ConsCommunication is lacking across the board at Teaching Company. The Marketing Department runs the show but their marketing tactics are antiquated and are quite bothersome to our customers and the website almost never works. The CEO is rarely around and is not well respected at all by most of the employees. Customer Care is never staffed highly enough to manage all the call volume and the supervisors are still quite green. There really are some good people that are highly motivated and qualified to make great changes, but the people at the top are not interested in seeing what they have unless the ideas are going to make lots of money.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart listening to the feedback you're getting about company culture. Morale is down and by not communicating clearly or in a timely fashion this leads employees to come up with their own conclusions about what is going on in the company. Respect Customer Care department more, the reps are your workhorses, and rarely get any acknowledgement from you.

Very employee-centered publisher of world class academic courses.

Customer Relationship Manager (Current Employee) Chantilly, VA

I have been working at The Teaching Company

Pros: First off, company culture is really positive, and all of my managers and team members are just great well rounded people. I work in the… Cons: Well, the only real downside to working here I'd say is dealing with rude customers over the phone, these are the exception, as ninety nine… Advice to Senior Management: Take this company public. ...but give me stock options first! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great benefits... but no more personal life

Customer Service Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at The Teaching Company

Pros: This is one of the only call centers you can work at and wear jeans and a T-shirt. Co-workers and management are really friendly. I've… Cons: There is no personal life while working here. Honestly, i barely see my family or friends anymore. You typically don't get back to back days… Advice to Senior Management: Management needs to hire more people instead of overworking the employees that are there. The staff that was once so diverse and revered are starting… More
There are newer reviews on The Teaching Company.

Worked for The Teaching Company? Contribute to the Community!