The University of Kansas

There are newer employer reviews for The University of Kansas

Great Work Experience During College

Former Employee - Admissions Phonebank Student in Lawrence, KS
Former Employee - Admissions Phonebank Student in Lawrence, KS

I worked at The University of Kansas part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at the KU Admissions and Scholarships office for over 3 years during college and it was a great experience. My supervisor cared so much about all of her student employees so it felt great to have another support network on campus. Working hours were always flexible around our semester class schedules and pay was great for an on campus job. We were able to learn a lot about the university and share what we loved about the university to excited prospective students.

Cons

There were no cons with working at the Admissions office in college. I am so happy I had the opportunity to work there while I was in school!

150 Other Employee Reviews for The University of Kansas (View Most Recent)

They value your research as well as teaching capabilities

Current Employee - Graduate Research Assistant in Lawrence, KS
    Current Employee - Graduate Research Assistant in Lawrence, KS

I have been working at The University of Kansas part-time (more than an year)

Pros

As a faculty you have freedom of research,they will even build a specific laboratory just for you provided you have clear road-map in what you are going to do and convince them of the same.

Cons

As a student you are limited in your options to do research, it must be inline with the current research being done by any of the faculty member.

Ample scope to expand the Engineering department by hiring more faculty,increasing the research funding and setting up industry collaborated research centres .

Absolute fun. Very enjoyable learning experience.

I have been working at The University of Kansas

Pros

The feeling of being a Jayhawk. Good faculty in the Mechanical Engineering Department.

Cons

Can be overwhelming course work.

There are newer employer reviews for The University of Kansas