The University of Kansas

www.ku.edu

Editorial Internship

ProsRelative autonomy and ability to create projects. Excellent work environment. Am given the resources necessary to complete my work efficiently and effectively. Management is open to new ideas as to how improve operations.

ConsNeeds to have more autonomy and trust in executing and completing projects. Fair amount of micro-management in menial tasks. Not enough direction and support in implementing new projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow for more tasks to be taken on by non-management personnel. The level of control can create an environment that could stifle creativity. Allow for employees to make their own judgements as to what would be best for the organization, so as to support professional growth.

Managing Editor, American Studies Journal

Managing Editor (Former Employee) Lawrence, KS

I worked at The University of Kansas part-time for more than a year

Pros: A graduate position. Stipend payments which were fair, and my position allowed me to enjoy an… Cons: Takes time away from school that a scholarship would not Advice to Senior Management: n/a Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work.

Postdoctoral Researcher (Former Employee) Lawrence, KS

I worked at The University of Kansas full-time for more than a year

Pros: Personal interested in R&D and to pursue my future career in academic or… Cons: No comment. Too busy to know company values, promotions, office… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on The University of Kansas.

Worked for The University of Kansas? Contribute to the Community!