The University of Kansas

www.ku.edu
There are newer employer reviews for The University of Kansas

Editorial Internship

I have been working at The University of Kansas

Pros

Relative autonomy and ability to create projects. Excellent work environment. Am given the resources necessary to complete my work efficiently and effectively. Management is open to new ideas as to how improve operations.

Cons

Needs to have more autonomy and trust in executing and completing projects. Fair amount of micro-management in menial tasks. Not enough direction and support in implementing new projects.

Allow for more tasks to be taken on by non-management personnel. The level of control can create an environment that could stifle creativity. Allow for employees to make their own judgements as to what would be best for the organization, so as to support professional growth.

154 Other Employee Reviews for The University of Kansas (View Most Recent)

Lots of lateral opportunities

Current Employee - Communications Coordinator
    Current Employee - Communications Coordinator

I have been working at The University of Kansas full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lawrence is a great town. It's not the Kansas you saw on the Wizard of Oz. Benefits are comprehensive, but not amazing.

Cons

Politics, but that's academia. Parking is awful. You have to pay for it. If you want to move up you have to jump departments. But this is common so there is no hostility.

Look for a way to engage employees of all levels...not just faculty.

I was a student teaching assistant (undergraduate) in the sciences and did some open hourly work assisting my mentor.

Former Employee - Undergraduate Teaching Assistant in Lawrence, KS
    Former Employee - Undergraduate Teaching Assistant in Lawrence, KS

I worked at The University of Kansas

Pros

Since I was a student and lived near campus, getting to work was very convenient and they gave me flexible working hours.

Cons

It can be difficult managing the items your supervising professor has assigned you (on top of your school work), especially if that supervising professor is currently teaching you!

Give us grace with our time sheets!

There are newer employer reviews for The University of Kansas