There are newer employer reviews for The University of Texas Medical Branch

My experience working here was not a good one.

Former Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Galveston, TX
Former Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Galveston, TX

I worked at The University of Texas Medical Branch

Pros

Cost of living raises are given annually, based on employee performance evaluation scores. Benefits and retirement package are very good. They have a great gym and pool for students and employees.

Cons

Promotions are not given for merit, dedication, or knowledge. Most promotions are given for seniority and/or favoritism. Some managers are friends with subordinates and all employees aren't held to the same set of rules. There's not enough communication between clinical areas, causing animosity & rudeness between staff. Many departments stay chronically understaffed. Oh, and every few years there's a large layoff.

Give employees who do an excellent job some recognition occasionally. Reform the way promotions are given. Educate or demote managers & supervisors who are unprofessional. Do something to improve communication between clinical areas.

76 Other Employee Reviews for The University of Texas Medical Branch (View Most Recent)

UTMB is a great place to learn and begin your career. Overall a great place to work.

Current Employee - Middle Manager in Galveston, TX
    Current Employee - Middle Manager in Galveston, TX

I have been working at The University of Texas Medical Branch

Pros

Benefits, Commute, Reputation, Service to Community, Med. Schools, Great People, work life balance, attempts to put people first. Paid employees after IKE when many didn't work. Great teams.

Cons

Sr. Leaders are not engaged with staff, Very political, Lack of diversity in leadership, slow to change, promotions political, Great place with issues. No identity

Take time to truly understand the challenges of employees, engage employees. Build future leaders from within. Clearly define the organization.

They have treated me well during my time with them.

Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Gatesville, TX
    Current Employee - Nurse Practitioner in Gatesville, TX

I have been working at The University of Texas Medical Branch

Pros

Competitive salary and good benefits

Cons

It is correctional care on site which is very stressful.

I have seen some positive changes in holding people accountable recently which was very much needed.

There are newer employer reviews for The University of Texas Medical Branch