The Vancouver Clinic

www.tvc.org
  www.tvc.org
There are newer employer reviews for The Vancouver Clinic

Working there was very stressful due to several management reorganizations, poor communication mgmt to employees.

Former Employee - Patient Services Representative in Vancouver, WA
Former Employee - Patient Services Representative in Vancouver, WA

I worked at The Vancouver Clinic

Pros

I enjoyed working with my coworkers, we made the best of what we were given to do our jobs . The campuses are all fairly new & well maintained inside and out.

Cons

Anyone who had worked there more than a month shared the poor opinion of upper & mid-management. For a healthcare clinic it was a very toxic dysfunctional place to work. Several reorganizations of management caused addtional stress for all employees. I had 16 supervisors in the 3.5 yrs I was there, I had the same job the whole time!. The overwhelming lack of communication of policy or operational procedures to dept employees caused constant confusion/tension among employees and provider staff. Patients were allowed to verbally/physically abuse employees without mgmt intervention. Out of the 3.5 yrs I was there, approx 2 yrs was spent without a supervisor/manager responsible for our particular dept. We would no sooner get used to a supv/mgr & they would either be reassisgned in another mgmt shuffle, quit or fired. We noticed that when new mgmt/supv were hired, often they were from out of the local area due to the clinic's poor reputation of poor treatment of their employees with other healthcare facilities in the area.

Appreciate the front line experience & knowlege your employees contain. Resolve issues that have evolved into a "us" vx "them" mentality regarding relationship between mgmnt & non-mgmt. Everyone is so afraid of losing their jobs if they speak up, that they just shut down completely. Treat your employees as well or better than the way you want your employees to treat the patients! Retain your experienced talent! There are so many "newbies" that no one really knows what they are supposed to be doing! The constant mgmt shuffle is disconcerting to all. Communicate, communicate!

5 Other Employee Reviews for The Vancouver Clinic (View Most Recent)

Not employee friendly And under paid in all fields,no supervisors!

Current Employee - Medical Assistant
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant

I have been working at The Vancouver Clinic full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice and New buildings with 365 days of landscaping

Cons

Employees are Always new, employees last usually no more than 5 years tops. Human Resource suppose to be there for employees but are definately not! Management have no idea what they are doing and are allowed to harass and humiliate employees until employees quit or are set up/pressured ending in being fired! Lowest wages for all fields, Doctors have no say over anything and if employees share with providers any problems going on, then employee gets disciplined, certain departments do not allow you to work overtime but you have 1 hour mandatory meeting a month and they choose when you will take that 1 hour off, usually during a slow time in the middle of the day. Terrible place to work, worked for this company 4 1/2 years only 3 people left there from when I started. Communication sucks as you are not allowed to communicate with coworkers!

Listen to employees, communicate and treat all employees equal. Spend time in quad so you know how hard employees are working and don't just show up to be negative and belittle employees when you have no idea what is even going on and there is no way you could do the job!

Great docs, but administration is toxic, controlling, overbearing, concerned about profit over health

Former Employee - Physician in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Physician in Vancouver, WA

I worked at The Vancouver Clinic part-time (more than an year)

Pros

state of the art medical office, easy access to support services including hospitals, income is good. But beware! No tail coverage when you leave and major financial incentives on signing act as traps to getting out; most can't afford to leave and many would like to!

Cons

No employee felt free to speak their mind, very low value on employee conditions, admin not above using blackmail and bullying to get their way. Admin toxic and controlling, overbearing, pushing profit and volume and speed of seeing patients over quality of care, continuity of care, and most things that patients and physicians value.

Listen to employees, value your docs, allow physicians to have control over their own schedules.

There are newer employer reviews for The Vancouver Clinic